• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gen 2 Graphics Compared To All Others

Do U Perfer GSC Graphics to all Overs?

• Yes

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 34 46.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    I love the graphics, but I of course like some of teh other ones in later games.

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    The graphics really fit to the GBC musics, il just love the Rage Lake.

Anyway it's normal to be attached to the first game you played...

but i played red blue and yellow first..
    But Look @ this Jump From
    Red---------GOLD
    ]
    Gen 2 Graphics Compared To All Others

thats a big jump lol

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm srry but I have to say that the 4th gen has the best graphics that any of the older games...having more details, color, and a 3D effect...it's just better IMO.

raxel

The Pie-ninja
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2013
    I like the GSC graphics, but I think they would look better if they were revamped. They look great, and I personally prefer some of their graphics over the RSE FR/LG. I especially like the grass and the animated pokemon.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I liked G/S/C's graphics the best because they weren't overcomplicated like the newer games. The pallettes for the GSC were alot calmer than later games, and aren't as bright and in your face as later games. Personally, I feel the sprites and ingame graphics have become too complicated, and are harder to look at. I find the Fourth Gen Hoppip sprite much harder to look at than the 2nd Gen.

If you ask me, the pink used in the 4th gen sprite is way too overpowering, and hurts the eyes slightly, while the GSC sprite is easy on the eyes, yet has enough detail to be pleasing enough to look at.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    I love the GSC graphics, but that could be because I grew up starting with G1 and G2 games, so they give me a classic feel to the whole experience. I think the graphics of the newer games are better, but G2 graphics look nice with their simplistic charm.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The animated sprites in Crystal are better than any other gens animation but nothing else.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I'll have to say I like the color and detail of the latest two gens (even if they're incredibly bright), but on the other hand, Gen II graphics do have a bit of a nostalgic feel to them. They're simple, easy on the eyes (for the most part -- I never did like the pinks they used), and they're not as WTF-worthy as some of the Gen I graphics.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I believe that the Crystal sprties actually had more animation involved then the current gen games.

Charizard88

Great Competitive Trainers
    Years
  • Well to speak on this topic. I do have to say G/S/C had GREAT graphics for the time in video game development. I still rank G/S/C graphics over R/S/E just because of the way the games flowed with the graphics. The BOLDER graphics took away more of the effects that the game had built into them in R/S/E. So I will vote for sometimes because the older graphics still held some flaws like the inability to sprite people very good in motion...or Suicune in Crystal. -_-

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I believe that the Crystal sprties actually had more animation involved then the current gen games.

Totally. That's one thing I don't particularly like about the recent animations. Most of them just distort the sprite or have one limb move. Crystal sprites actually did something unique with each Pokémon, so they actually look like they're moving.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • The Crystal sprites were animated, and I don't really like some Emerald animations (Wobbuffet). Also, what I like about the GSC sprites is that Aipom, Smoochum and Elekid had their current shiny sprites as their normal sprites. Some Gold sprites were... weird, but they all have some sort of ring to them. *votes yes*

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    I do. I love the GSC graphics, Iunno why, I just find them so charming. >w<
    Especially at nighttime. It just seems more colorful than the newer games. c:
    And I prefer the simple graphics. Everything doesn't have to be 3d/fancyness. xD

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    i agree with everyone who said they liked the graphics. I think it was the whole combo of charming simple graphics/nice music/the pokemon introduced in that gen

Back