• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Gen 3 Hacking Suite/How to Put in gen4+ pokeman

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Ok, so I'm pretty new to rom hacking. I heard that the gen 3 hacking suite can add gen 4 and gen 5 pokemon into gen 3 roms which is basically what is mainly used and is what I used so I've downloaded it and every rom (gba) I import into to it for editing it says there is missing/no offsets. Then it has an option to recover them, and it still doesn't work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Ok, so I'm pretty new to rom hacking. I heard that the gen 3 hacking suite can add gen 4 and gen 5 pokemon into gen 3 roms which is basically what is mainly used and is what I used so I've downloaded it and every rom (gba) I import into to it for editing it says there is missing/no offsets. Then it has an option to recover them, and it still doesn't work.

Well, the G3HS cannot add new Pokémon, it can expand the maximum number of Pokémon, when you expand it will have a lot of missingno, then you have to replace each new missingno with a new Pokémon manually.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2022
    As mbcn10ww said, G3HS can only expand pokedex and pokemons you have to enter the stats and moves manually.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Thanks for the replies, but I mean that it wont load a rom and says there are missing offsets. Any rom that I put in it says it.
    It says:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "E:\Secret-Tool/build/mainWIN/out00-PYZ\wx._core", line 16767 in <lambda>
    File "<string>", line 438, in reload-all-tabs
    File "<string>", line 454, in_init_
    and some more stuff than
    IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2022
    Looks like you have modified the tables or applied some patch. To fix those errors you need to update the INI in the G3HS Folder or place the INI in the same folder where the ROM is with the same name....

If you installed MrDs' Attack and Decap Patch then its easy, open the MrDs folder and then open the G3HS INI folder and copy the INI provided in there to where your ROM is and rename it to match the ROM. (Like your name is test.gba then rename the INI to test.ini).
    Then open your ROM in Hex Editor (I prefer HxD) and goto the offset 0xAC there in the dump (the right pane) you will see FIREBPRE change the BPRE to MrDS and save. Open it in G3HS it should work now.

Or else if you installed any other patches ask their creator to provide the INI.

If you did nothing still the error is coming ask KarateKid (Creator of G3HS)...

Hope this helps else PM me or post here....

Back