• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 5 in Pokemon Platinum Is it possible?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Some time ago. A user named mikelan98, made a patch for Heartgold where he expanded the amount of Pokemon to capture and evolve up to Gen 5. It should be noted that it is a base ROM to make hackroms, so you can not access the Pokemon of Gen 5 at all, but only through cheats.

I leave the trailer for you to see it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siPqdDpGmoM&t=9s

After that. I asked myself the following question, what if it's also possible to add Gen 5 and later Pokemon in Platinum without replacing the existing ones?

You see. There were many Pokemon hackroms that added Pokemon from later generations, but most of them were from GBA. And the few hackroms for NDS that added Pokemon from later generations, you had to replace the existing ones like Moon Black 2 and Mega Delta.

So I wish that someone dares to add the Gen 5 Pokemon in Platinum without the need to replace the existing ones and that they have enough courage to continue with the development of this hackrom and not end up abandoning it as it happens with most of the hackroms for NDS that are not limited only to increase the difficulty.

There has already been a hackrom that implements the HGSS mechanics of the Pokemon following you in Platinum and a hackrom of Platinum with Gen 5 graphics is being developed by Silast_UP. A combination of these hackroms, plus Renegade Platinum and the base ROM with Gen 5 Pokemon in Platinum, would be the ultimate hackrom ever made for NDS.

What do you think?

Back