• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen. III Battle Frontier VS. Gen. IV Battle Frontier

Which Battle Frontier do you like better

• Generation Three

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Generation Four

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pjofan

Orre Colosseum Leader
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]
    [FONT=&quot]VS [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    (Symbols from Bulbapedia)

The Battle Frontier was first introduced in Pokemon Emerald. It replaced the Battle Tower which had been in Ruby and Sapphire. Later on, it Diamond and Pearl, it was just the Battle Tower again. But in Platinum, a new Battle Frontier appeared. Later, it HeartGold and SoulSilver, Sinnoh's Battle Frontier returned again. This is about which is better.

Battle Tower and Battle Factory
    The Battle Tower and Factory are in both Hoenn and Sinnoh. At the Battle Tower, you choose what level battles you want and how many Pokemon you use. After that, you try to have a consecutive seven wins.The Frontier Brain in Gen. IV is Palmer, and Gen. III is Salon Maiden Anabel. The Battle Factory(one of my favorites) is a test of true Pokemon Trainer skills. You have to choose a team of three random rental Pokemon from a group of six. After each battle, you have a choice to switch a Pokemon from your team with a Pokemon from your opponent's team. You goal here is the same; last as long as you can. In Gen. IV the Brain is Thorton, and in Gen. III it's Factory Head Noland.

[FONT=&quot]Hoenn's Battle Frontier

[/FONT](Hoenn's Battle Frontier picture from Pokemon-Island.net)

The Battle Frontier in the Hoenn Region is on an island South of
    Pacifidlog Town. It has seven different facilities, including the Battle Tower and Factory. The others are the Battle Pike, Dome, Palace, Pyramid, and Arena. After so many consecutive wins, a Frontier Brain will come out and if you beat him/her, you get a Frontier Symbol. The first time, it's a silver symbol, and if you manage to win a couple more times, and if you beat the Brain again, you'll get a gold symbol. There is a Sudowoodo at the Hoenn Frontier, and you can catch it if you try to water it with the Wailmer Pail. You can also go into a cave with a ton of Smeargle.

Battle Arena
    You choose one of your Pokemon to use. You get to have a three round battle with an opponent, using only that Pokemon. If you knock out the opponent, you automatically win. If your Pokemon gets knocked out, you lose. If neither Pokemon get knocked out, the Pokemon are judged by Mind Skill and Body. Whoever has more points after the judging round wins. After you win 27 and 55 times in a row, Arena Tycoon Greta appears. If you beat her, you get the Guts Symbol.

Battle Dome
    The Battle Dome is a standard 16-trainer knock-out tournament. After you win it five times or ten times in a row, Dome Ace Tucker challenges you. If you manage to be him, you'll earn the Tactics Symbol.

Battle Palace
    The Battle Palace is a harder one to win. You pick three Pokemon to enter, then you pretty much hand over control to your Pokemon. You choose whether you want the fight or switch Pokemon. If you fight, it will choose a random attack that it knows how to use, but it might be "incapable of using its powers". After 21 and 42 straight wins, you battle Palace Maven Spencer for the Spirits Symbol.

The Battle Pike
    The Battle Pike, one of my favorites, could be considered completely luck dependent. You, and three of your Pokemon, enter a room. From there, you choose to enter one of three smaller rooms. In the small rooms, one of six things can happen. First; a battle, double or single. Second; a single battle and you Pokemon are healed if you win. Third; a wild Pokemon battle. Fourth; your Pokemon could get inflicted by a status condition. Fifth; one, two, or all of your Pokemon could be healed. And lastly; nothing at all. If you manage to get through the Pike two and time times, you'll face off with Pike Queen Lucy, and may get the Luck Symbol.

The Battle Pyramid[FONT=&quot]
    The Battle Pyramid, another of my favs, have the hardest Symbol to get. You start out on the first floor with an empty item bag and a team of Pokemon. There are items, trainers, wild Pokemon, and stairs on each level. The stairs will go up to the next level. Each level starts out like a cave that needs you to use flash, and like the Dewford Gym, each time you defeat and opponent, the light gets bigger. If I remember correctly, you have a small chance of falling through to the floor below. After finishing the seven floors three and ten times, you'll be challenged by Pyramid King Brandon, and could win the Brave Symbol.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sinnoh/Johto

[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier picture from Serebii.net)

This Battle Frontier is located in the Battle Zone or right next to Olivine City. Like Hoenn's Frontier, there is a Brain for each facility. And like Hoenn's, if you win enough they will come to face you. If you beat them, you'll earn a print. Silver ones are in only black and white, and gold are in full color. At this battle frontier, they have the Battle Tower, Factory, Arcade, Castle, and Hall.

[/FONT][/FONT]​
    Battle Arcade
    At the Battle Arcade, you choose three Pokemon to use. Their levels will automatically be reduced to 50. Before each battle, the Game Board will choose and event. Events can be anywhere from HP reduction and weather changes to getting Battle Points and skipping the battle. Dahlia, the Brain, will appear after 21 and 49 straight wins.

Battle Castle
    The Battle Castle is almost the same thing as the Battle Tower, except for a few things. The most noticeable is that your Pokemon isn't healed after each battle. When you win, you earn Castle Points. With these, you can choose to have your Pokemon's HP and/or PP healed, or you can buy items to use in the Battle Castle. Castle Valet Darach battles as the Frontier Brain, after 21 and 49 wins in a row, in the place of Lady Caitlin.

Battle Hall
    In the Battle Hall, you choose one of your Pokemon to use. When you begin your challenge, you choose what type Pokemon you want to face. All of their ranks start at one, which means they are low level Pokemon. When you beat a type, the rank, and the level, go up. Each type goes up to rank 10. After 50 or 170 consecutive wins, Argenta will battle you with a team of completely random Pokemon.

I like the Battle Frontier in Hoenn better, but that is just my opinion. Say which you like better and argue your point. This is just to see what people think about which is better. Have fun debating, I'm off to challenge the Battle Frontier!

Last edited:

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    Hoenn, because there was variety in the facillities. I find in Sinnoh/Johto, I only use the Factory, Tower, and mono-Poke one.
    I think, Hoenn's Battle Frontier being it's own island and city made it feel much more like a frontier.

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
    Years
    I had never actually played emerald before... I never owned the game Lol I had ruby before
    I recently started playing on my phone
    And I have to say emeralds frontier was way more epic...
    Battle dome is currently my favourite

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's against our rules to revive dead threads like this, guys. :( Feel free to re-create them, though!

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back