• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen V] First team attempt

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Lucario @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Inner Focus
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def
    - Swords Dance
    - Extremespeed
    - Substitute
    - Close Combat

physical sweeper here. extremespeed is a powerful priority move, and close combat with swords dance is pretty nasty.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Modest nature
    Natural Cure
    EV's: 6 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt

rapid spinner just in case, and special sweeper otherwise.

Serperior
    Modest Nature
    Overgrow
    EV's: 110 HP, 200 SpD, 200 SpA
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Energy Ball
    - Hidden Power Ice

special sweeper. if it can manage a few calm minds, it'll be able to find an attack that covers most enemy types.

Zebstrika
    Adamant Nature
    Moter Drive
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
    - Double Kick
    - Wild Charge
    - Giga Impact
    - Volt Switch

This fast beast, along with moter drive preventing common forms of paralysis, prevents me from going second very often. I'm planning on using this as my opening scout and revenge killer, since it's so fast and can change on command.

Virizion
    Adamant
    Justified
    EV's: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    - Close Combat
    - Leaf Blade
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissors

another revenge killer, but this one sticks around longer and has a wider coverage thanks to its high natural defensive stats. plus I have it in a premier ball which makes it sexy.

Volcarona
    Modest
    Flame Body
    EV's: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 6 Def
    - quiver dance
    - fiery dance
    - bug buzz
    - hurricane

and another special sweeper. gets powerful with the huge quiver dance bonuses, and fire, flying, and bug provide for a nice coverage.

anyway... I think what the team is accomplishing is a set of special sweepers, and if they fail then a physical assassin should be able to step in. that's the theory, at least. am I doing anything wrong?

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    The team seems kinda unstructured, and looks like you just chose random sweeper after random sweeper. While that sometimes works, its better to have a base strategy e.g. Setting up a sweep for SD Lucario. To do that you need to think of ways to support Lucario, and get it in safely. So say you see Gliscor as a counter that stops lukes sweep, try adding Hp ice landlos to lure gliscor in and get rid of it.

Back