• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General team building

mglax

mg :)
    Years
    This is a thread for posting your own opinions on what pokemon the best team should be made of. But, instead of using specific pokemon, just what stats they have.

For example, someone might say that the best team should have all 6 members with the highest attack, and another might disagree and say that 3 members should have the highest sp. defence and 3 should have the highest speed.

Feel free to include why you think yours is the best way! I'll try to keep track on what most people agree on and try to post it. Also, if the order matters be sure to say what you want the order to be

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Definitely a well-balanced team.

I usually go half special-attackers, half physical-attackers. Some will be bulky while some will be fast. etc.

Years
    In any sort of competition, there is no substitute for speed.
    Which is why, my teams are usually very quick.
    They are also split between 3 physical and 3 special attackers.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    My teams generally have a mix of physical and special sweepers, with one of each having a stat-boosting move like swords dance or nasty plot. I also generally try to use moves that hits a pokemon's weakness.

For example, if I'm using Infernape, I try to give it a moveset that hits as many of its own weaknesses as possible. So I would include Grass Knot for Water and Ground types, and Rock Slide or Stone Edge for Flying-types.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Yeah speed is always pretty good, and I never use any pokemon that lack in either of it's Attack stats, no matter how defensive it is.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2011
    Speed is a great asset to have. It also depends on what your opponent has. Most of my pokemon have Attack.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    There is no such thing as the "best stat". It all varies with play style and how you build the team. For example, bulky offense teams tend to keep things balanced so they have no specific weakness to exploit, whereas stall teams capitalise on defensive Pokemon to stall their opponents out.

Personally, I prefer to have an epic hyper offensive team with one slightly defensive team-set-upper and five Life-Orb'd set-up sweepers.

Back