• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Generation V as a "rebirth" [ #3 ]

What did Generation V consist of for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    I think its just a new feature filled rebirth!
    Its awesome and reminds me of teh old games but with so much new contents

I <3 it

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    I'm not sure if I would call it a rebirth of the series, but it was certainly a rebirth of my attention and love of Pokemon. It was kind of getting stale to me, honestly. During the 4th Gen, I would literally get bored and put the game down for a while. HG/SS was more interesting, because Johto is my favorite region, but even that got boring for me during the Kanto part of it.

With Black and White, however, I was really excited for it. I pre-ordered the Japanese version of the game, and I have never done that before. As soon as I got it, I couldn't put it down. It's still fun for me, even now that I've had it for a month.

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years
    To me it's just another run-of-the-mill Pokemon Generation. Better graphics/animations and sounds/music, as well as new pokemon are a giving since B/W is designed for the Nintendo 3DS after all. The only worthwhile 'new' feature presented in this new generation imho are the seasonal changes. Though one could argue even those are just the recycled day/night circle ideas from HG/SS, only with different colour palettes+weather changes added.

Years
    It is a complete and total revamp of the Pokemon franchise, and I loved it. It's the best game Pokemon game, in my opinion. And I'm not the only one that thinks that.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    For me it's an average new Pokémon generation. To imply that it's a "true rebirth" would mean that the gameplay and genre of the series has changed completely. Yes it has all new bells and whistles like animated sprites, a revamped style of battling, and other nifty little features (Dream World). But when you get down to the point it's still the same RPG we've all come to love.

Years
    To me it feels like they made a game (okay, two nearly identical games) that the original Gen I games had the potential to be. I don't think it's perfect, but it's got the "everything is new" feeling that has to be there to call it a rebirth. All the new pokemon that hint back to the originals make it even stronger.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    This game will attract many game lovers. And it is a lot more epic than the other games :P

Great Graphics. And 3D effects

Years
    I voted "rebirth," but like others, have a few things that would detract from that. First off, here's why I voted "rebirth":

Gen IV seemed all about adding as many new features as possible. Gen V is all about figuring out what the Pokémon franchise is good at and sticking to it. No ridiculous evolution methods. No trying to trump the pokemon that came before it. And no regional pokedex that simply tries to fill in the holes of the existing pokedex. This game wants to be its own game, and it does it in the most enjoyable way possible.

Also... no Zubats, Geodudes, or Tentacools anywhere!!!!!

HOWEVER, here are a couple of minuses:
    - The menu system actually manages to be WORSE than HG/SS. Umm... why? Specifically in changing pokemon into/out of your party. It DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS COMPLICATED GAMEFREAK.
    - There still is no way to check the effects of a move without going through tons and tons of menus. Why couldn't the "Select" button simply bring up a box saying what a move does?
    - They made a great move forward in making TMs reusable, but for some inexplicable reason still have HMs. Missed. Opportunity.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I think that it is partially a run of the mill Pokemon game, due to the same basics - gyms, elite four, etc. - but it was also a really effective way of starting fresh by not having old Pokemon usable until after the main story and by adding so many new and awesome graphics and effects. So, for me it is in between run of the mill and rebirth.

Tony Stark

Mr. Stark
    Years
    I voted rebirth, because of the large amount of new features present in the games, and GF did a good job of making the idea that Isshu is brand new, seperate from the previous generations.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    BW brought a ton of new stuff to the table. It's like the new popcorn you buy after finishing the old resources. =D It's all up to the person if they like it or not.
    I totally enjoy the features. Why not clean everything, and show us new stuff ? Why not badass graphics ? Why not badass team with the best storyline ever. More dialogue than ever, 2 rivals, female professor, 2 vendor trashes (Minezum, Yoorterri x.x) and even moar. :-D
    So yeah, it is a rebirth. A genius one. And I am silently awaiting RS remakes... *imagines Rustboro as Hiun, Slateport goes 3D, Fortree goes mad*

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
    I think it's a rebirth to be honest.

I also think the 3 people who voted saying it was a step backwards are just angry that their unrealistic wants didn't come true.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I didn't use the poll since I don't agree with any of the options :O I guess, I don't really think it's a rebirth but it still just kinda carries on with the old games in an awsome way :) I don't this is an average new geenration because I really, really enjoyed the games, more than ive enjoyed much of any game, im pretty sure it's not a step back though xD

Back