• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generic trapped on a desert island thread

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • So you can take 5 anime and 5 light novel/manga series with you. Direct sequels count as the same series but alternate settings in the same franchise count as different shows. Ongoing episodes/chapters will be sent to you every month or so.

Mine would be;

Anime
    Gintama - Loads of episodes and one of the funniest shows about.
    Clannad and AS - Just my favourite show ever.
    One Piece - Best long shounen ever?
    Azumanga Daioh - Light and fluffy, would make ronery island days easier.
    Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto - Could have picked the massively superior Utena but didn't want too.

Manga/LN
    Monogatari series - After reading Kizu I was just as entertained as I was watching unlike most LN series (lol Haruhi).
    Yotsuba&! - Best cute manga ever.
    To Love-Ru and Darkness - No comment
    Beck - Most of the material wasn't used so I took this over the animu.
    Mirai Nikki - Story wasn't amazing but was really fun.

Over to you
    Spoiler:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Heck, I don't have any long running series on my watch list!

Anime:
    1. Gintama. Although I never watched it, I already heard its good reputation so I might go with this.
    2. Monogatari Series. yes, the upcoming and forthcoming one are included.
    3. Persona 4. Well, since I can't take the game, I at least can take the anime with me.

Manga/LN:
    1. One Piece. Am I really need to state the reason?
    2. Yotsuba&!. When you feel lonely and stressed, read this. The cutesy is overloaded
    3. Pokemon Special. I at least still have a pokemon realted stuff
    4. Kino no Tabi. Although I never read one, I really want to.
    5. The World God Only Knows. A little harem oasis in middle of desert is okay yes?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Anime:
    1. Yes! PreCure 5/Gogo! Well, assuming that the subbers finish it before I end up stranded, because it's new to me :) Plus, the evil corporation setup of Nightmare/Eternal is awesome :)
    2. To Heart/Remember My Memories. Just a personal favorite, the typical high school romance/drama series
    3. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha/A's/StrikerS. More mahou shoujo goodness :)
    4. Hitohira. I've always enjoyed this mostly underappreciated series.
    5. Clannad/After Story. I haven't seen it in awhile, and a good bit of time on a stranded island would be a good chance to reacquaint myself with the series.

Manga:
    1. Arisa. The one I'm currently following, an interesting mix of shoujo and mystery.

I guess that's it, lol. I watch more than I read.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Anime:
    Tales of Symphonia: The Animation: All three Arcs, since I would assume that goes along with the 'sequel' bit. This is a must, because I neeeed my dosage of Tales of Symphonia if I were to survive.
    Detective Conan: I usually read the manga, but having the anime adaption would be fine and dandy as well. Loooots of episodes to watch!
    Tales of the Abyss: While I never watched the anime, I enjoyed the game and assuming I won't have video games with me this'll do.

And insert two other animes here. hurrhurr.

Manga:
    Tales of Symphonia: Haven't read the manga adaption in a while, and like I said: I need my Symphonia dosage! That and the manga is a little different than the OVA.
    Detective Conan: My favorite manga. If I don't feel like watching it I'll read it, and it's really long so I'll be plenty occupied!
    Shaman King: Because the manga is so much better than the anime, and it's become one of my top favorite mangas along with Detective Conan.
    Pokemon Special: I need my dosage of Red every now and then too! That and it's been a while since I read the series.
    Kamichama Karin/Chu: It was this or Pita-Ten. Choosing Kamichama Karin though because it has a sequel, thus making it longer and I overall enjoyed Kamichama Karin more than Pita-Ten.

I read more than I watch. Though I guess it doesn't help that two series are both in manga and in anime.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Anime:
    1. Lucky Star
    2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    3. Kaichou wa Maid Sama!
    4. Clannad

Manga:
    1. Lucky Star

That is all xD

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
  • This was a little bit hard, but the first titles of each category are no brainers imo.

Anime:
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes: I have no qualms just having this series, but they say variety is the spice of life ;D
    Honey and Clover: Can you say greatest romance anime? Yes, not even Clannad can compare.
    Major: Yeah, I want something to get the adrenaline rolling while providing nice length so I picked Major with it's six seasons and of course, Goro.
    Princess Mononoke: This is my favorite Ghibli film. And probably my second favorite of Miyazaki's works overall, only second to Nausicaa manga.
    Seirei no Moribito: This TV series has great production value and a riveting story. Features probably best animated female lead and great fight scenes.

Manga
    Touch: Ok, I admit. I'm the biggest Adachi fanboy ever. If you've read Adachi's works then consider us friends.
    Great Teach Onizuka: For when I need a laugh, but I don't think I need to explain what is painfully obvious.
    Akumetsu: This is basically Death Note on steroids and a competent writer.
    Sanctuary: This would be my favorite manga if not for Touch. Political intrigue, sex, battle of wits, everything wrapped into a great mafia story that offers much more than meets the eye.
    Mars: I love this manga. I think it's better than Kare Kano and that's something!

Back