• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Get HG/SS to Work /Tested

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    1. Get No$GBA
    2. Download the ROM
    3. Download the patch (I don't see anywhere that it is against the rules to post downloads, but just so you know I have no idea if this site is safe.)
    - https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ztyymzit3m3
    4. Apply the patch
    - Extract it.
    - Open in.
    - Click the button at the lower right corner.
    - Select your ROM.
    - Replace it (Click OK)
    5. Open your ROM in NoGBA
    6. Add the following code to your cheat list:
    - 020DD9DC E1A00000
    7. Check 'Action Replay DS'
    8. Click OK.
    9. Before closing, look at your cheat name. See the white box? Check it.
    10. Go to File then Reset Cartridge

OR

1. Download this No$GBA:
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=6PVRA2UA
    - It DOES have extra firmware that runs HG/SS smoother.
    2. Download this patch:
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=D3DM28SF
    3. Patch it. It's not really that hard to patch at all, so I don't feel the need to put directions for that.
    4. Input this code to bypass black screenzorz:
    020DD9E4 E1A00000
    020D3820 E1A00000

5. Select "Action Replay DS" and click okay.
    6. Check the box next to the code you put in.
    7. Restart cartridge.

IN MY EXPERIENCE this works better than the first method. The patch does translate some things to English.

Now it should play without freezing after the intro. It might freeze sometimes randomly in the game so make sure you save. Also, No$GBA is the only emulator that plays it at full speed and has sound.

Last edited:

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    is there save loss, like if the game crashes is it gonna take me back to an older save not the last one i did?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Im playing on desmume and it seem to be working fine and at full speed :S
    That's strange. Everyone I know (including myself) it ran at full speed in buildings but dropped to around 50% speed when outside. :/ You have a Jesus Desume version.

I bolded the word "I" because it's just everyone I know, I don't know everyone.

@humanking If the ROM Image Crashes, you loose everything up to the last time you shut off NoGBA. If it just freezes, you start at your last save point. So, what I do is after every 3 saves I shut it down. It's not as much as an inconvenience as it sounds.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
  • Okay, I did all of this, entered the code and still I cannot save. It crashes RIGHT after I save saying Fatal Error. Help?

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    you can't stop the freezing, so save often and hope it doesn't freeze at the wrong time

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    there also the alternative way to work wothout codes, set the "retry/entrypoint" to Gba bios (nintendo logo) it works

Note: Get the latest winds pro and play it with no$zoomer, it works. Go click the 4th tab where it says others or other language, go to extra and click deselect all ex

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    there also the alternative way to work wothout codes, set the "retry/entrypoint" to Gba bios (nintendo logo) it works

Note: Get the latest winds pro and play it with no$zoomer, it works. Go click the 4th tab where it says others or other language, go to extra and click deselect all ex
    Whenever I do that, it crashes the second it opens. Then I cant get to the settings because it keeps crashing the second it opens so I have re-download the emulator.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • Thanks so much!
    I have been messing around with all the other advice. Maybe it alters due to different regions.
    All I know is now im a happy ollie thanks too you! :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I found a new way to do it that works a lot better. It supposedly has almost no random freezing and no complete crashes what-so-ever. After I get approval to link to the downloads, I will edit the first post.

Back