• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get Mew In Pokemon R/B/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2005
    Is it true that you can get mew in pokemon red blue and yellow(US Versions) ?

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
    weird i know a cheat for it and none of my friends or i have a gameshark id prove it but 1 i dont have a red rom so i cant take pics 2 nintendo dosent come 2 aust for promotions so i couldnt have got it there 3 we dont have places like game stop yet strangely i have mew (on cart)my cousins have him 2 :p

Zeo

Moron
    Years
    neomon said:
    weird i know a cheat for it and none of my friends or i have a gameshark id prove it but 1 i dont have a red rom so i cant take pics 2 nintendo dosent come 2 aust for promotions so i couldnt have got it there 3 we dont have places like game stop yet strangely i have mew (on cart)my cousins have him 2 :p

Nintendo did have the Mew promotion when Pknm Stadium came out. but we were neglected for all the others.

also. It depends on how far you are in the game for it to work

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    there really is such a glitch taht allows you to catch mew... it's written in our RBY Forum I believe

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    mew is so easy to capture without a gameshark or cheat I got one of those special blue or red versions that had him

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    Yes, there is a way to get it. You have to be on a certain route and right when you step in front of a guy you press start and fly away before he battles you. I can't remebmer the rest of the details, sorry.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Adding to what Shiny Hunter said, here's the glitch-

Requirements- Three Badges(of course)
    HM02(Fly)
    You haven't battled a Youngster looking up(4th trainer) on Route 25 that leads to Bill's House, and a Gambler facing the entrance to the Underground Path on Route 8 from Lavender
    About 7 Great Balls

From Celadon City, go into the underground path connecting Celadon and Lavender, and go outside. Before you move, SAVE RIGHT AWAY, then take one step, and as soon as you take it, hit START and Fly to Cerulean City. The ! symbol will pop up but you'll Fly away :D.After that, the START button won't work for a while. Now go up to Route 25 and battle the Youngster mentioned above. NOTE: Do not walk up to him, or the game will crash. Go all the way up so he has to walk up to you. After you beat him, the START button will work again. Fly to Lavender Town, and go straight to Route 8. As the song changes, the START MENU will pop up by itself, so press B to take it off. And voila! A lv.7 Mew pops up, and it only knows Pound. Enjoy!

PS- When you go to Lavender Town after battling that Youngster, do not go to the Mart to buy the balls, or you will either battle a Super Nerd for life:(, or your game will crash, so buy the balls in Celadon before trying the glitch.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    its kinda funny that u can get mew after nintendo goes insane over THERE IS NO WAY TO GET MEW!!! they just dont want to admit they goofed up.

Cinder the Chao

Wobbuffet pwns!
    Years
    Yes, they call it the Mew Glitch. You do that by 2 ways, i'll post at the earliest time you can:

Requirements: An Abra with TELEPORT, unfought guy in grass, Youngster w/ Slowpoke(looking up)

1. Get through Nugget Bridge and catch an Abra. SAVE NOW!
    2. Now walk up 1 square above the guy in the grass.
    3. Take a step down and press START quickly before he sees you!
    4. TELEPORT. Go fight the Youngster now, but have him walk up to you.
    5. Teleport and walk up the bridge again. You menu comes up immediately, and press B to fight a Lvl. 7 Mew! BRING POKEBALLS!

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    One time I did the Mew glitch and before the Mew appeared,it said,"I like Nidoran,so I collect them." Ha,the game had mistaken the Mew for a trainer! I caught it and named it NidoranFan. Also,you can use this glitch to get any R/B/Y Pokemon at Lvl. 7. I don't remember exactly how,but I think you need to battle a Ditto that has transformed into the right Pokemon with the right stats.I used to know a site that explained everything(it even had pictures),but I can't remember its name anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back