• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together starting this Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
  • I am really looking forward to this, considering I missed the last one. I kinda wanna try a pokémon red speedrun. How would I go about doing this? Would I use an emulator? Or will I have to dig up my red version myself? Also the gaming night sounds AWESOME! I kind of wish you had garry's mod there as well.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • eastern daylight time where? Give us Greenwich mean time or something else so we can determine when it starts where we live. (sorry for being rude, but those not in America or wherever it is you've posted that time zone for need to know when it starts)
    Eastern Standard Daylight Time is GMT-4. For future reference, the servers are located in the US, as are a plurality of the users.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I'll be sure to be there.
    I might take that speedrun challenge, but I have a question or 2 about it.

I can't really record my run because my PC isn't up to snuff and I can only emulate on my PSP.

Would screenshots count so long as I took pics of the save times? In the end add them up and if it's under 96 hours?

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    How would the duel-a-thon work? YVD? KCVD? A BYOND game? YGO:O 3 (eww)?

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I had a blast at the last get-together. Fond, fond memories in the Pokemon iSketch room. (Haven't laughed so hard in awhile.) I can't wait!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Wow this event sounds awesome!! I hope I can particpate 'em!!
    Keep up the good work guys!! :)

Presea

True_ai
    Years
  • Tried the skype part last year, didn't quite work out, but again the idea is cool, like last years
    probably try to take part again.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Is it real life or internet? If it's real life, where is it held? Because it'll affect if I can come

It's on the Internet, which is easier than trying to get everyone to meet up somewhere IRL :)

Jrx

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    What do you meant by "Tournament ladder" ?

EDIT:

Also, in the FanArt tournament, can you upload a fan animation? O_O

Pokemafia

Sounds cool, shame I can't go, it's at 4 in the morning for me,
    I could go to sleep early and wake up at 4 though?

Jrx

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    I have some questions, sorry i asked this before but i want reply D:

1. Is fan-drawn Pokemon animation allowable in any of the categories? It would be an animation drawn on PC.

2. In the 5th gen drawoff, what do you meant by tournament ladder?

3. Im not clever at those time zones, so on which hour it would start to me? I live in Poland: GMT +01:00

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @Jrx:
    Well, for the Generation 5 Drawoff, basically for the first round everyone draws whatever Pokemon they'd like. Then, next round, you get down to final 5, then the following round, final 3 (all judged, and you get to choose what Pokemon you'd like for those two rounds, too).

After that, you get down to the final 2 - they draw two different Pokemon, set by myself. :)

And as for timezones, add one number onto that number mentioned for GMT... and you'll get 5am.

@Pokemafia:
    It will continue over the next four days, so you'll get a chance to participate when you wake up - and later on, too.

@Mew42003:
    See quote.
    It's on the Internet, which is easier than trying to get everyone to meet up somewhere IRL :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back