• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Get Your Rotom Running!" Episode Discussion

Years
    Here is where you can discuss the chaos-bringer of appliances, Rotom, in "Get Your Rotom Running!"

My review to come forthwith.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    - Damn poem. It wasn't even good.

- He's trying to hard to ryhme now.

- The theme song wasn't bad just not that good. I like the beat though.

- Gateau at the Old Chateau.

- The wind opened the door again.

- Ms. Pacman. Cha cha cha cha cha.

- Conserve energy for the environment alright.

- Sarah has a funny scared voice.

- Takeshi's moment with the 'fridge was funny.

- It's Pachurisu!

- Back to the 70's night.

- It made a grown man cry. A food-gasm.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've heard that the opening doesn't actually use any clips from the Japanese opening? If that's true...wow...that's the first time that's ever happened. Not to mention High Touch! has to be the fastest/most animated opening out of all of them, and looking at the dub openings, that seems to be a "problem" they have with the Japanese openings; that they don't move scenes along fast enough. Like every 2 seconds.

It feels like I've been waiting for this episode all day, I'm sure they come out earlier, it's almost 4pm here :/ I know this is a good episode though, the best bit is the sound effects when Brock keeps turning around to look at the fridge.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    The song was good, my favorite PUSA era song, but they ****** up the op by putting random fighting scenes instead of parts of High Touch. I decided to put the song with parts of high touch and it seemed pretty good. And they should stop putting op credits. They seem out of place in the dub.

And did everyone notice that when Galactic Battle apears it looks the same as battle dimension, The Chimchar scene looks just like one from the last opening and the last part is just like the battle frontier op (Ash holding a badge/symbol with the Pokemon he used.). At least it is longer. but how lazy can Pusa get. Oh, and they didnt use the new title screen. Losers.

The episode itself was pretty good. Dawn didn't say "Conserve energy" when she turned off the fan, did she?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I actually like the new theme song. It is better than Battle Dimension for sure, since it seems to fit Pokemon.

-That poem was a sad joke
    -An episode about cake? Dear lord...
    -Oh, there's Rotom! Be careful with that microwave.
    -Brock and the fridge...wow
    -Yes! Rotom is killing them! How much more awesome can it get?
    -Crap, now they are friends. Not so cool anymore.
    -Okay, Rotom is attacking again. Playful or not, Ash's pain makes me happy.

All-in-all, Rotom needs to hurt Ash more XD

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    I loved the song used for the opening. It was the scenes that really sucked. If we are lucky, they might make a full version of the song in movie 12. :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I only got to watch the new intro so far. It's really short, and at basically just picks up speed. It's alright, but I think I prefer the Battle Dimension theme better. xD

My review for the rest of the show will come later today.

Greeneflower

Pikachu Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Heres my review..

~ I actually like the theme song :)

~ I liked that they used Rotom in there :D

~ The clip with Brock and Fridge Rotom, xD

~ No, he can't make Poems anymore :(

~ They need more Pikachu scenes! >.<

~ What is Gateau? It looks like their eating a box to me O.o

~ At least Dawn cares about the environment :)

All and all, not bad! I really like the new theme :D

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Just watched on YouTube.

* That moment with Dawn & Piloswine was a tad awkward....
    * Hey!! Isn't that the Full Heal thing in Diamond and Pearl?
    * YES!!! New theme song!! *listens* That was good except for the last three seconds.
    * Ro-TOM? I always pronounced it Ro-TUM.
    * That place doesn't look very old....
    * Lol, James. Wait...ROTOM!!!
    * That's not gonna work, Jessie!!
    * Dear god, I hope that isn't gonna be Rotom's main voice...
    * Ooooh, maybe this ep will feature those sprits from the games...
    * Rotom!! Don't eat Pikachu!!
    * Daaaaang; that'd freak me out too.
    * I knew Rotom's main voice would sound better!!
    * HOLY SNOT, that thing is small!!!
    * Shouldn't their hair be spiky..er than poofier?
    * I dunno why, but the Old Gateau seems to be like gummy candy or a fruit berry snack to me.
    * Okay, time to get on with our lives.

Rating: 9/10!! Rotom rules!!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The new opening sucks and this episode was more enjotable in Japanese. It was still quite funny though.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    This is one of my favourite openings, it's way better than Battle Dimension, the tune is really good. But I have a weird observation about it...the instrumental part, right at the start, sounds so weirdly similar to a piece of music from season 0 of Yugioh, Yami Yugi's theme or whatever it's called. Except the opening sounds softer than that BGM...that is really so creepy. Anyway, the Galactic Battle logo looks really cool. I like how Jun is in the opening and I really like the song ^^ They're getting better since the DP opening

- Huh, that's weirdly good PUSA/PCI music at the start
    - The scene with Piloswine on Dawn...
    - That really doesn't look like gateau XD
    - Gateau, chateau, I never really noticed they both rhymed so much
    - Stop saying old gateau, old chateau...
    - New title music
    - It's cool being able to hear the birds in the background because they keep silence
    - LOL random builder's face
    - Huh...they didn't keep the movie 4 music when Ash was running from Rotom, The movie 4 music made it funny, not dangerous
    - Conserve energy!
    - Aww, they're not keeping the movie 4 music...
    - Gotta warn Brock!!
    - Part with Brock and the fridge is so funny XDD
    - Movie 4 music at last
    - Ash's hair XD
    - It's so funny how that looks nothing like gateau
    - Ash is a grown man XD

I think I messed up on the BGM somewhere, but hopefully someone can correct me if I did ^^

Music kept: (8)

Ookido's Haiku Theme
    Team Rocket's Sneaking Theme
    Team Rocket in the kitchen
    Trying to go back into the kitchen
    Brock, Ash and Dawn going into the kitchen
    Chimchar and Pikachu battling
    Running out of the kitchen (movie 4)
    Kakurenbo Instrumental

~ What is Gateau? It looks like their eating a box to me O.o

Gateau is a cake, it's French, but it's a completely different food in Japanese version. The food they're actually eating is yokan, but the games changed the name of the food to gateau so it rhymed with chateau. Even though it looks nothing like gateau at all, which makes it absolutely hilarious XD

Pics of gateau gateau
    Pics of yokan

You'll see yokan looks like what they were eating, nothing like gateau

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They sure made Grotle look bigger than it really is in the beginning. The rhyming from the start got a bit annoying, and for Mamoswine disobeying Dawn it sure loves her a lot. xD

The rest of my review will come when I finally get away from this noise and get to see the entire show in peace...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The anime sure has been using some French aspects. I too never knew it was food either, until after watching this episode. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The anime sure has been using some French aspects. I too never knew it was food either, until after watching this episode. xD

Not really. The dub only used French references because of Melissa's "French-ness" in the games. The dub included gateau in this episode because of the games as well.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    There was the french contest judge called "Paris" as well >.<

Overall, this episode was pretty awesome, especially the whole bit with fridge rotom and Brock. I actually literally LOLed at that XD My ELoT:

- RANDOM OAK CAMEO! :D
    - new opening?
    - Well....it doesn't totally suck...
    - "the early teen catches the drean"...a hint at ages?
    - Lol, that mechanic is my favourite ever character.
    - I like this music...
    - Pikachu's cosplaying again...
    - Lawn-mower rotom reminds me of me when I'm tired.
    - Fan Rotom looks ridiculous, to say the least.
    - But not as bad as the washing machine
    - The whole brock looking at the fridge sequence made me actually LOL.
    - Brock is desperately guarding his food...
    - Y'know, I never would have thought that an electrical ghost could be cute but...
    - AFRO BROCK.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Previously in Pokemon:

A BATTLE TO THE DEATH (not really) between two big time legendary Pokemon, which are almost never featured in the anime. AND the Darkrai movie gets a continuity reference with Dawn mentioning that item she has. Oh, and Darkrai appearing (though not the same as in the movie). AND an evolution happened.

That episode sucked.

NOW pretty much a filler episode. No real big battle. No evolution. TR don't even "blast off."

So why was this episode, featuring a Pokemon more annoying than scary or useful, was so much better?

It was hilarious. This episode was full of scenes that need to be screen capped and turned into GIFs. If nothing big is going to happen. at least make it entertaining. And that's what this episode was.

Years
    Previously in Pokemon:

A BATTLE TO THE DEATH (not really) between two big time legendary Pokemon, which are almost never featured in the anime. AND the Darkrai movie gets a continuity reference with Dawn mentioning that item she has. Oh, and Darkrai appearing (though not the same as in the movie). AND an evolution happened.

That episode sucked.

NOW pretty much a filler episode. No real big battle. No evolution. TR don't even "blast off."

So why was this episode, featuring a Pokemon more annoying than scary or useful, was so much better?

It was hilarious. This episode was full of scenes that need to be screen capped and turned into GIFs. If nothing big is going to happen. at least make it entertaining. And that's what this episode was.

I think the writers just wanted to hype the Legendaries, then fool you by having them do very little. It's happened before (Entei is the best example and, recently, Suicune). Then, while you're down, impress you by involving a Pokemon that you wouldn't consider as useful.*

That's my theory, anyway.

Or, they're unpredictable, or they hate having the Legendaries forced upon them, so they make the big boys suck on purpose. Think about it (not counting Mewtwo, unless you thought its EMO-ing sucked).

*Do fans think Rotom is awesome in the games? I'm no longer part of that world, so I'm curious.

Years
    Horrible theme song, but at least a nice episode, I like this kind of fillers.
    Did TR blasted of this episode? I miss their stupid motto:(
    Rotom other forms were kind of ugly
    But rotom is the cutest ghost type ever
    Brock-I command to catch Rotom
    Dawn's and Ash's hair-Thank you rotom for good 20 minutes of entertainment.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Better late than never. :P

Good, goofy episode. Rotom voice was the best. I loved James' face when he found the food and the way Jessie slid over off the screen. XD Brock's refrigerator scene was funny as well. I'm glad that PCI left it intact. I guess my favorite part was probably Dawn's screaming at the end when she got electrocuted. That was awesome...

I think I messed up on the BGM somewhere, but hopefully someone can correct me if I did ^^

Music kept: (7)

Ookido's Haiku Theme
    Team Rocket's Sneaking Theme
    Trying to go back into the kitchen
    Brock, Ash and Dawn going into the kitchen
    Chimchar and Pikachu battling
    Running out of the kitchen (movie 4)
    Kakurenbo Instrumental

There's also the music when Jessie, James, and Meowth were trying to hide their food from each other.

Back