• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Getting bored of W/F/G?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Fighting-Psychic-Ghost, then. Or Grass-Rock-Flying. Or Fire-Ice-Ground. There are a bunch of combinations that would reasonably work.

But I prefer the tradition.
    The Fighting > Psychic > Ghost triangle would not work. First of all, Ghost is not super effective against Fighting, nor is Fighting super effective against Psychic or Psychic against Ghost.

As for the other triangles, I don't think Nintendo will do anything like that. Fire, Grass and Water are all special attacks and I think that if Nintendo decides to change the triangle, the types in the triangle will all be Physical attacks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Smarties-kun said:
    The Fighting > Psychic > Ghost triangle would not work. First of all, Ghost is not super effective against Fighting, nor is Fighting super effective against Psychic or Psychic against Ghost.

As for the other triangles, I don't think Nintendo will do anything like that. Fire, Grass and Water are all special attacks and I think that if Nintendo decides to change the triangle, the types in the triangle will all be Physical attacks.

*ahem* Excuse me, but did I say fighting > psychic > ghost? NO. However, Ghost DOES beat Psychic which DOES beat Fighting. Please think before you flame.

...But I don't think the fighting-ghost thing would work :embarrass ...oops.

As for your other response, I didn't say that they should or WOULD do those. I was just pointing out that there WERE other possibilities in response to:

someone1939 said:
    They can't change the three starter types because no other type combo works as well.

And you posted right after that...maybe you should pay more attention.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    I like the water/fire/grass triangle, anyway. It's nice and simple. Plus, I don't think that it's getting boring or ever WILL get boring as long as there are creative new Pokemon associated with the three elements (although the creative part may end sooner than we think; move than half of the new Pokemon that have been (fully) revealed are just evolutions or pre-evolutions of old Pokemon).

enyce

banned
    Years
    Ichapokemr said:
    *ahem* Excuse me, but did I say fighting > psychic > ghost? NO. However, Ghost DOES beat Psychic which DOES beat Fighting. Please think before you flame.

1. Immunitiess cant form a triangle. It is just not fair

2. One type must be super effective against one and not very affective to another type.

(your triangle fails at both)

3. That is why grass/fire/water works the best....

Psychic>Fighting>Dark Couldnt work, because Dark is immune to psychic.

Poison>Grass>Ground is a good traingle. Because Poison resists grass and is supper effective to it. Grass resists ground and super effective to it. Ground is resistant to poison and is super effective against it. Bug could replace grass. Because Bug it is physical

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Ichapokemr said:

As for your other response, I didn't say that they should or WOULD do those. I was just pointing out that there WERE other possibilities in response to:

And you posted right after that...maybe you should pay more attention.
    When exactly did I flame you? -_- I just pointed out the triangle you posted was broken. And I never even said you said they should have that triangle, I just said it was broken. But misunderstandings happen, so how about we just focus on the topic now?

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    I think the Grass/Fire/Water triangle should stay in D/P, but I would like to see something different, like a Flying/Fighting/Rock traingle, but I still think the original is the best.

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
    Let me Narrow it down like this (I'll use the original starters as examples)

Charmander w/ Ember kills Bulbasaur w/ Vine Whip kills Squirtle w/ Bubble kills Charmander w/ Ember

It couldn't be Psychic/Fighting/Dark Because

Psychic kills Fighting kills Dark kills Psychic, sounds good right? BUT Psychic cant even hit Dark types

also

Psychic/Fighting/Ghost

Psychic kills Fighting
    Ghost kills Fighting (can't hit)
    Psychic and Ghost are super-effective against each other

Defently Grass/Fire/Water completes the triangle evenly, but all you gotta do to fix the problem with your starter is catch a differnt pokemon and put your starter in the computer. Thats what I do everytime.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    It's a tradition; don't change it. You can always trade your starter for something else.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ said:
    How about

Ground----->Fire----->Ice----->
    Or​
    Flying---->Fighting---->Rock---->

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Uh, no…

Ground isn't resistant to Fire and Ice isn't resistant to Ground.

And the second one has already been said before, so you get no credit for that, sorry. =(

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Fighting > Rock > Flying is a pure physical set, in comparison to the pure special set of Water > Fire > Grass.

If you're willing to mix and match, Grass > Ground > Poison.

Back