• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Getting started with map design

Days
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I've had this game idea for a while and I'm wanting to bring it to life. I've heard that it's best to start with something before recruiting others to help, and I was thinking map design could probably be the thing I'm best with. However I don't really know how to get started. What are good tools for map creation, and how do I make a new map rather than edit an existing one?

Days
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Have you decided what the "base" of your game is? Depending on if it's a ROM hack or a fan game, the tools would be different.
    If you've never worked on something like this before, I'd recommend working with Essentials, as it's the best entry-level tool for waking a pokemon game as far as I'm aware.

Back