• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: GFX Area on Forums

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    I noticed you guys dont have any room or designated spot for GFX or Photoshop.
    Although you have a small "Art" Section, GFX is different because its not like drawing or making sprites.

I think there should be an area to show off, sell (trade for pokemon), giveaway, do tuts, & give out renders/c4d's

^ Some people wont understand what i just said ^.^
    Sorry; Just the terms i know :P
    Thanks for reading.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There's a graphics & photography subforum in the Art Gallery you might have missed. But I know we have a graphics section, because I have a gallery of my icons in there, so yeah. Dunno about the other stuff though, because I don't go in there often. But yeah, we do have a graphics area.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Yeah, there's a graphics area that we have. It might've been a little small for you to see or something, but we definitely do have one, riiiiight here. *click* Just read the rules and you should be fine there. :)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Yup. Everything you said you can do in the Graphics & Photography
    did you even check?

For I'm not sure about the sell/trade for pokemon though. It might be allowed, I heard of art trades though not sure if that was on here. lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Adding to what was said, there's a graphics giveaway thread and a place for tutorials & resources (which includes renders/cd4's), if you click those two links. :D

As for showing off, there's galleries as Sydian mentioned, though "selling" graphics for Pokemon trades probably won't be allowed, though you could always make a trade thread in the trade corner, and then give away graphics + Pokemon for another Pokemon, but graphics directly for Pokemon probably wouldn't work out, since people would be likely to feel ripped off, though that's just how I see it. :x

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    Sorry must have missed it :P
    Theres a lot of sections so its kinda hard to find.

"Did you even check"

No need to be rude; I didnt see it. Did you check your attitude before posting?..

Thanks everyone else for being nice about it ^.^
    I must have overlooked it.
    :P

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Selling graphics for pokemon sounds like a neat idea to me, I don't see any reason why it would be actively prohibited if both parties agree to the deal. Which is only logical.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Trade only Pokémon for Pokémon
    You may not trade Pokémon for money, merchandise, video games, trading cards, collectibles, Wiipoints, Neopet points, etc. Keep trading within the actual Pokémon games.

Because it is in the rules of Trade Corner for starters(even though it doesn't expressly mention Graphics). When you trade pokemon for something other then another pokemon it leaves the person trading the pokemon more open to being scammed then the other party involved(or at least in the eyes of some people which is why I believe the rule is in place for anything other then pokemon).

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    Dang.. :/
    I think its a good idea though.. May get more people to start GFX.
    So maybe someone should suggest it be allowed?

I mean its the same as someone giving you a pokemon for free and you giving them a banner as a thank you gift :D
    ^Joke. :P

Years
    • Seen today
    If you wish to do something like that, do it privately, over MSN or something, but trading graphics for Pokémon as an open option on PC is untidy and not needed. But of course agreements could be made among two friends privately, and that's the only decent alternative I see.

Back