• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ghetsis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • How many times did he take you down before you finally beat him? Did you have to implement several strategies before he finally faced defeat?

For me it took three tries. The pokemon I had the hardest time with was his Hydreigon. It was as if it had super effective moves against all of my team.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Only took me once. The hardest thing on his team for me was his Cofagrigus. That thing was just a plain old pain in the butt.

ѕℓσωвяσ

PK Rockin' ★☆
    Years
  • I beat him first time, but I didn't want to, because I knew what was gonna happen to N afterwards. :(
    But that dragon gave me a bit of trouble, good job I had tons of revives so I just made it. And I was too busy laughing at the chanting in the background music. Dennniiisssss. XD

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Took one try, only had a problem with his Cofagrius, for what has already been mentioned here...

Really, I think he would have been a lot harder if there was no automatic heal between N and him, more of a gauntlet type event.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Hahaha, I never noticed that. Sounds pretty epic nonetheless.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    He beat me once because of Hydreigon but I beat him with throh in my 2nd go.

I spent like half an hour trying to return to N's castle xD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I defeated him on my first try, but that's because I was well leveled. Course then trainer levels sort of rose by like 10 after him and I didn't bother trying to grind so I nearly got destroyed when I tried taking on Cynthia. |D

But yeah. I destroyed him.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • I beat him on my first try. I 1-2 KO'ed all but his Hydreigon without losing any Pokemon. His Hydreigon managed to take out 2 of my Pokemon but it went down with 2 Ice Beams from Sigilyph.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I walked all over Cynthia with a +6 Quiver Dance Volcarona. Swept her entire team.

6 Quiver dances? haha, that's a ton! You must have been pretty under-leved then right?

Cynthia was much harder than Ghetsis, at least on my first playthrough. Rebattling the E4 was just practice in comparison to her and her Garchomp, at least for me that is. My second playthrough though, I migrated over some of my previous Pokemon who were all EV trained, so naturally it was a walk in the park. :P

Years
  • Beat him first try. Cofagarius was annoying, it used Toxic and kept spamming Protect but not much else, so...
    Hydreigon wasn't a problem at all :D
    My Vanilluxe beat it in one shot with a swift Ice Beam.
    So, not too difficult!

-Totodile42

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I beat him on my first try as well, thanks in part to the supply of 50+ revives and 50+ hyper potions I was toting around. XDD

Humorously, the final pokemon he sent out (Bisharp) was OHKO'd by my Emboar (Brick Break) where all of his other pokemon gave me some degree of trouble. XD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    No not really. I just wanted to be absolutely certain. :]

Oh gotcha XD, overkilling ftw! I've done that in the past... it's just fun being able to overpower everything once you've boosted your stats that much. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back