• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gira movie: Big Boss a let down? [Spoilers]

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I thought it was really lame when, near the end of the movie, Zero drains the power of Giratina and, instead of turning half-giratina, He just uses an odd excuse for an Arwing. X(
    I was severely disappointed. I mean, the rest of the movie was great, just with a bit of Epic Fail mixed in. Your opinions?

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    You didn't find that cool? I'd love to park that outside. See, had he became the Giraman, it would have quickly strayed away from pokemon. They way they did it stayed true to the series. Besides, having Giratina fight him, himself...he'd not get out unscathed.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    But, the thing is, you can't park it. XP that blade stickin' right out from underneath didn't retract enough to land properly.
    Anyways, I guess the mecha is kind of tradition. But they strayed a bit with the 4th movie: Dark Celebi, anyone? That was one of the best I've seen.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Dark Celebi was cool.

Anyway, I don't get it. Did you want Zero to become half-human and half-Giratina? The battle at the end was alright especially because Zero doesn't battle directly so I have no comlaints.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Well, something like that. Not necessarily turning into gira, but he did say he wanted his powers. To me, that came across as him using them, not controlling a ship which was already equipped to use dragon claw and flamethrower. >> just kinda seemed L@ym* like that.

* Did you see what I did there? XP

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Ya i thought the villian was a bit stupid tbh like seriously what was he doing!! xD
    Where did he get the money for that contraption!! Haha i thought it was really unrealistic and it just made Giratina look weak!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Well, something like that. Not necessarily turning into gira, but he did say he wanted his powers. To me, that came across as him using them, not controlling a ship which was already equipped to use dragon claw and flamethrower. >> just kinda seemed L@ym* like that.

* Did you see what I did there? XP
    Okay, I see where you are confused. When Zero said he wants have Giratina's powers, he didn't want them on him but on the actual ship.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ... I'd do it. At this point, I accept it's a plot device, but you know, If you have to land your ship, anyone who decides they want to fry you with their pikachu will get you pwnt. Badly.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Personally, I liked the Giratina movie a lot more than the Darkrai one. I found that one pretty dull, and about fell alseep through it when I was watching the Japanese version. xD; So to me the Giratina movie was a lot better, but I probably wouldn't have liked it as much if Skymin hadn't have been in it. That was part of what made it amusing to me, and Zero was kind of cool.. but he was too much of a copy of the villian from Pokemon 2000.

lorelli

Super Hypno Lover
    Years
    No offense to any Shaymin lovers, but he annoyed the CRAP out of me and kind of ruined the movie experience in general. But I'm a huge fan of Mamoswine and squeed when that big herd of them came out. :3

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    Where did he get the money for that contraption!!
    Borrowed it from the seemingly unlimited cash capacity of Jessy and James!:P
    OK, time to get serious. Zero just seized his chances: Even if he could turn into a Giratina, he would need some time to get used to his new powers. Can you compare Zero's newly adapted powers with Giratina, who has these powers for several hundred years (if not thousands). So, Zero prefered to use technology, his own element.

Back