• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Giratina...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus Lv.X

Intergalactic Space Crusader
Years
  • I don't think that the sword guy is Giratina... I think that Giratina might have been Power Hungry or Overly Agressive...

p.hant0m

Studier of ancient legends.
    Years
  • No, the pokemon that ran away IS Giratina. The man found giratina after looking all over for it. he found it at turnback cave and then giratina fled. Turnback cave is the bridge between the torn realm and the other realm so every now and then it will come back and stay in the cave. Giratina became the renegade before the man came to him for fighting with Dialga and Palkia in ancient times.

Cyrus Lv.X

Years
  • Oh... Do you believe that Giratina is the God of Death and Dimensions and that it lives in the Spirit World?

I noticed in a Marriland Video (I am also a member of his forums,) that during the fight with Cyrus in the Torn World, that little white lights fly by when the Battle Starts...

atoms2ashes

All and Nothing at All
    Years
  • It is very possible that Giratina is the Pokemon in the story.

It happened in Veilstone, and Turnback cave (Where Giratina is) is nearest to that city.

The guy slaughtered Pokemon, meaning they died, and died for no good purpose, Giratina got angry, and sent the others away, so they would not be killed.

Just a theory.

Cyrus Lv.X

Years
  • "In the beginning, there was only
    a churning turmoil of chaos.
    At the heart of chaos, where all
    things became one, appeared an Egg.
    Having tumbled from the vortex, the
    Egg gave rise to the Original One."

Here is where it gets messy...

"From itself, two beings the Original
    One did make.
    Time (Dialga) started to spin.
    Space (Palkia) began to expand."

There is no mention of the third part of the Trio, Giratina.

"From itself again, Three Living Beings (Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf)
    the Original One did make.
    The two beings wished, and from them,
    matter came to be.
    The three living things wished, and
    from them, spirit came to be.
    The world created, the Original One
    took to unyielding sleep..."

As was stated above, Giratina received not mention when he is important. As said from Bulbapedia:

"Dialga controls time, while Palkia controls space, whereas Giratina on the other hand seems to have the ability to control other dimensions. The presence of Dialga and Palkia causes a rip in dimensions, creating a gateway to the dimension where Giratina inhabits."

This explains what goes on in Platinum and also says that Giratina seems to have control over dimensions. Here is the Pokedex entry from Platinum:

"Because of its violent behavior, it was driven out into the Ruined World, from where it silently gazes upon our world."

Bulbapedia also states:

"Giratina is a very rare (one-of-a-kind) Pokémon due to its "legendary" status. Legends claim that Giratina appears in cemeteries and that this Pokémon supposedly lives in the spirit world, on the reverse side of this one."

This seems to suggest that Giratina is the God of Death and Dimensions, and that it lives in the Spirit World (Ruined or Torn World...)

Last edited:

NeoZX

◊Change the Future◊
    Years
  • Perhaps a diffrent story will be on Platinum, maybe the story about Giratina will be on the library of Canalave...
    And Giratina's a Renegade pokemon, that means maybe the Swordsman IS Giratina, because that man "Backstabbed" pokemon, thus the name Renegade.
    Maybe the man got expelled on the human-pokemon world, then got sent to Torn World, then he's stuck there.

Cyrus Lv.X

Years
  • I think that Giratina has been around since the creation of the Universe, but was bannished along with its siblings, Dialga and Palkia, but Giratina was bannished because of its Violent Behavior, so it was Bannished to the Spirit World it created, the Torn World, where it now watches over the Spirits of the Dead.

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
  • It was probably Arceus. I mean, he's the god of Pokemon, even though I think Giratina is the best thing to happen to Gen 4 (apart from Wonder Guard Spiritomb :-P).
    So there!

Cyrus Lv.X

Years
  • It was probably Arceus. I mean, he's the god of Pokemon, even though I think Giratina is the best thing to happen to Gen 4 (apart from Wonder Guard Spiritomb :-P).
    So there!
    Well I agree with Giratina being one of the Greatest things, but what I said ment that he was created when Dialga and Palkia were born, and that he was bannished for its Agressive Behavior.

atoms2ashes

All and Nothing at All
    Years
  • Liiike...This?

The Tale of the Prince

There was once a prince, foolish and proud, who received a dagger for his birthday.
    With the dagger, he cut open everything he could find, cushions, sacks, even small Pokemon.
    As he grew older, still foolish and proud, the prince still kept the dagger,
    traveled with it, and slaughtered Pokemon with no afterthought.

Death got angry. So Death chose to punish him, by falsey leading him to a forest of meat-eaters.
    But instead of going through it, the prince said to a passerby "You! Go through that forest and
    see if the path is safe. I will reward you, I am a prince."
    The gullible man followed at his orders, and never came back. So the prince never crossed it.

Death was angrier now. So Death lead him to a ranch of Mareep, to be eaten.
    His stomach rumbling, he could not resist, so he slaughtered each he could kill.
    But the ranch owner said "How dare you kill my herd! This ranch is not yours! I will kill youas you killed my precious Pokemon!"
    But the prince said "I am a prince. I will pay you with the cost of the ones I have killed, and more, you will be wealthy with my riches."
    And so, the ranch owner simply walked away, expecting a grand reward of gold.

Death, now bursting with anger, thought of a plan. A plan that the prince would not be able toresist. A false offer, like what the foolish prince has made to the two men.
    So, Death led him to a trap. A cave, of which great riches lie behind it, caught his eye.
    He went alone, so he could have all the riches to himself.
    Deeper and deeper into the cave he ventured, not turning back, to which it was impossible.
    And there, in the deepest room, did he find, a shining gold and silver statue which stood in front
    of him. He said "This statue must be worth much riches! More fortune for my kingdom!"

But the statue cam alive, and Death said "Fool! This is merely your punishment for the murders and lies
    you did to our kind! You must pay the toll, the toll is your life! This is Turnback cave, my territory,
    and you foolishly walked into my trap, your dagger will not help you now!"

Death's wings trapped him into never ending darkness, to which he was dead, but still felt pain everlasting
    pain. Death has never been so content.

Cyrus Lv.X

Years
  • Nice tale! What about Giratina ruling dimensions? I recall that he lives in the Torn World, and Giratina is like the bind between Time and Space...

Where did you get that story?

atoms2ashes

All and Nothing at All
    Years
  • Nice tale! What about Giratina ruling dimensions? I recall that he lives in the Torn World, and Giratina is like the bind between Time and Space...

Where did you get that story?

It was a tale from the theories I had about Giratina. I found it on my hard drive and thought I copied it from fanfiction.net when I realized it was actually mine O.O

Theory:

In the Human world (Our world) Giratina's territory is Turnback, while its true territory is the Torn World, where it appears in its Origin Form.

Therefore, I thought that Giratina was also a god in a rank as high as Arceus, since the tales didn't have any reference to it, which might mean Arceus didn't create Giratina. It lived in a dimension in a reverse side of ours, so I also thought that while the Human dimension was being created, the Torn world was too.

But beside that, Giratina cannot create beings, which defeats my theory of it being a god as high as Arceus.

What do you guys think?

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    So there!

There is no God Pokemon. (Hmm, is there was it would be Mew.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back