• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girl Gamer vs. the Gamer Girl

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Welp, I just hate the terms "Girl Gamer/Gamer Girl" and whatever.

The use of those terms just implies that gamers can't be girls, and last time I checked, games were meant for everybody.

Reactions: T!M

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I've been in this situation. I fall into the gamer girl category from this perspective, but in all honestly I hardly ever hear the term being used. If it becomes a problem that I'm female I'll usually either just find another group to play with or if I'm feeling in a humorous mood, go Mulan on them and say I'm a dude. More often than not though, players can distinguish when someone is trying to use their gender (or something else) to be treated differently, and when someone just wants to play like everyone else. It's just like the difference between a newbie and a n00b- one tries to get attention and the other is just a regular player, though they may have questions about how to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: T!M
Back