• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Give credit to Grass where credit to Grass is due

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
Years
  • Some people say grass is no good. Well, they can never be more wrong. Here are some reasons why.

Some people prefer electric to grass because electric has one weakness and is strong against water AND flying. Well, if your facing a water-ground like Whiscash or Quagsire, that calls for a grass type, not an electric type. You can easily use a good rock type against flying. Take Golem for example. It is the final evolve form of geodude, which is extremely easy to find. It can also learn the powerful Earthquake TM.

Most types are only good for one purpose (sweeper, wall/tank or support). Grass types are good for all three. There are a lot of grass types with good special attack and some have good attack too. A few have good special defense. And all have good status and recovery moves. This includes Aromatherapy, Stun Spore, and Poison Powder. And with the sunny day and solarbeam combo, plus abilities like Solar Power, Clorophyll, and Leaf Guard to boost their stats, victory is never to far away.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Sure, nothing wrong with Grass ... I'm (Vine) whipping everyone in Yellow with a Weepinbell at the moment. Pity most of the first gen. grass types are half Poison.

Years
  • What is the best grass-type?

Ludicolo or Breloom! Both can take out weaknesses!!

Ludicolo's Surf > Fire
    Ludicolo's Ice Beam > Flying

Breloom's Stone Edge > Fire/Flying/Ice
    Breloom's Mach Punch > Ice

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I don't think Grass Types are anything special, yet I always seem to find myself using one. My main ones are Meganium and Jumpluff.

To answer the above question, I think Breloom is cooler. I prefer its stats and typing. It looks a little cooler than Ludicolo too. I don't particularly like or hate either though.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • I just don't really care for most of the grass Pokemon. The only ones I like are Bayleef, Grovyle, Breloom, Tropius and Leafeon. Though I really do Like Leafeon alot. The rest of them just don't really interest me that much, however now that I'm thinking about it I don't recall giving them much of a shot to begin with. I just saw them and went meh...kinda makes me tempted to do a couple play throughs using Grass types I normally wouldn't bother with just to see.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Well there's always exeggcutor!
    Yessss, speed's not so hot but get a few TM's on him and Exeggutor owns. :D I have one in Red that I originally raised up to deal with Lorelei, but he could reasonably take out the first three of the E4 without pause.

Challenge I'm doing now makes the 'Bell line a better choice though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Let's not forget how pwnsome Leech Seed is. I"d rank it up there with Toxic and confuse Ray as the best status-inflicting attacks in the game. :D

Oh, and only grass-types are immune to it. >:D

My favorite grasses are Venuasaur, Victreebel, Exeggutor, Jumpluff, Sceptile, Ludicolo, Cacturne, Torterra, Roserade. XD

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    What, no Spore? :P
    Leech Seed is sort of nice - Glitchy Leech Seed/Toxic is always fun to watch, even if the Pokemon who can learn it could probably KO the opponent with another attack in half the time.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I love both electric- and grass-types, I'm sure if they had an Electric/Grass type it would be one of my favorites :P
    Right now Tangrowth and Venusaur are my favorite Grass types, but I also like Breloom, Sceptile, Tropius and Cacturne. I just love being able to go through a fight and basically never die while ensuring the rest of my team gets plenty of HP return as well. Oh and Solar Beam is definitely an awesome move too.

kokopuffchan

a s h e n
    Years
  • grass is a very useful type, despite the weaknesses. i mean, look at me *pokes aroma lady sprite*. i love grass. my favorite is most definitely breloom.

Back