• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glitch when catching a new species?

Years
    I was attempting to play through my game to make sure the levels were reasonable, but after catching a lillipup for the first time, it went straight back to the overworld, did not allow me to nickname it, and caused the pokemon to completely disappear(it was not in the party or PC).

I attempted to catch another lillipup after the other disappearing, and this time it did not disappear and I could nicknamed it. I also caught a pidgey for the first time in the game, and the same thing happened with it disappearing.

Whenever that happens, this error pops up:

Glitch when catching a new species?

I haven't messed with or edited the files it is referring to. How do I fix this?

EDIT: Wow, I'm dumb. Apparently I wasn't updated 16.1, sorry. It's all fixed

Last edited:
    Back