• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen glitch?

lprulez55

Addicted to FMA
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2006
    ok, in my pokemon ruby, i can't get in to the sootopolis gym. i know, i know, i have to do the cave of origin, but i already did! i have a groudon to prove it! does anyone one know why i can't get in or how i can?

Years
    I dunno it sounds kinda weird. u sure u got an original gamepak? u might try trading ur pokemon 2 ur frens gamefile n restarting da whole game with the same name n da same ID number. dat way u can use ur high lvl pokmeon in da beginning after u get the pokedex i think.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    #1: no matter what you cant get your pokemon back with same name and ID!
    #2: yeah you might wanna go get another game or something

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    pokemontrainer_samuel said:
    I dunno it sounds kinda weird. u sure u got an original gamepak? u might try trading ur pokemon 2 ur frens gamefile n restarting da whole game with the same name n da same ID number. dat way u can use ur high lvl pokmeon in da beginning after u get the pokedex i think.
    Again, please do not give out info if you are not sure what you are talking about. Not only do you give wrong info, but it doesn't make you look too good either.

You cannot (without cheating anyway) restart your game with the same ID number. That is next to impossible. Any time you trade Pokes from one game to the next, those Pokes are treated as traded Pokes and they must abide by the limitations that GF thankfully put into place. Why you would want to start the game with high level Pokes is beyond me. A Lv50 Poke battling a Lv4 Poke serves no purpose and you don't get enough Exp points to make it even worth your while. It is better to play by the rules and become a better skilled trainer. In the end though, it is to each their own. If you are compelled to cheat, that is your choice.

jayh272416

Flareon lover
    Years
    You have to talk to Steven outside the gym first. He says "Wallace is waiting for you inside" But i never gotten past that stage, I went to the pokecentre and trained my Ludicolo up wif Rare candys.

Years
    shanecdavis said:
    Again, please do not give out info if you are not sure what you are talking about. Not only do you give wrong info, but it doesn't make you look too good either.

You cannot (without cheating anyway) restart your game with the same ID number. That is next to impossible. Any time you trade Pokes from one game to the next, those Pokes are treated as traded Pokes and they must abide by the limitations that GF thankfully put into place. Why you would want to start the game with high level Pokes is beyond me. A Lv50 Poke battling a Lv4 Poke serves no purpose and you don't get enough Exp points to make it even worth your while. It is better to play by the rules and become a better skilled trainer. In the end though, it is to each their own. If you are compelled to cheat, that is your choice.

Dood it aint cheating n I use to hav the same ID number n name as my frens game. It takes like a few hours of restarting to get the same number. I forgot to trade with him n he restarted the game so now we hav different ID numbers. Neways u seem to think dat u know a lot on pokemon but actually wat u know is just 1/1000 of da game maybe. Not even I know everything about the game n dats y they created pokecommunity. Its 4 us to discuss becoz the world of pokemon vast n its ALMOST impossible to finish discovering every single way to do sumthing w/ ur game.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I have a very hard time believing that you restarted a game with the same ID as you had before and since you conveniently cannot prove it anyway, we will just let it go at that. Also, don't pretend that you know anything about me or my knowledge about the game. This is a forum for us to discuss ideas about things relating to Pokemon, not for personal attacks.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It doesn't have anything to do with fractions, but your TrainerID is five digits, so there are 100,000 different possible combinations. That means you have 0.00001% (one hundred thousandth of a percent) chance to get the exact same TrainerID as you did before.

Back