• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Glitches

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In past games, there have been notable glitches such as Glitch City in RBY, the glitch dimension in GSC, the ability to walk on trees, NPCs walking over ledges, etc. This brings us to B/W and this generation. Do you think there will be any similar glitches within the game (other than those achieved from ARing and such), or will these games be the end of all glitches and/or easter eggs? Will there be something like diamond dust? Are there any certain glitches you think will occur from the change in graphics? Are there any glitches you WANT to see, like NPCs standing on buildings, or something like that? How about Glitch City making a comeback (or missingno if it counts as one.)

Either way, yeah, discuss your opinions on glitches or extra little "easter eggs" you think will be, or want to be within the games.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    I don't think there are going to be any glitces, but if it's going to be i think it's gonna be like the Pomeg glitch or likely :)
    Also tweaking can possibly be in Black & White but i think not

They are very good to avoid glitches in newer games but maybe not all :)

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Umm glitches is a game engine error that happens when it doesn't know how to handle something.
    Technology has improved since R/B/Y and I guess there won't be much. I'm quite certain the Bad EGG will stay though.
    Also IIRC there was glitch city in G/S/C or was it just called glitch dimension?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Tweaking will probably happen, if B/W uses the same map tiling system as D/P/Pt, so from there will be the Void and Things that come from within the Void.

Daleks, if you will. :3

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Many people are talking as if glitches are put in the games intentionally.

Glitches are programming oversights that arise either through shoddy programming, deep exploitation or simply something that wasn't tested thoroughly enough. Video games ALWAYS have glitches, it's an inevitability, and someone will discover them sooner or later.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    they should intentionally make a "missingno" for this game. like the ? disk. just for fun. but as professional game makers, they won't.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    Hope they don't have glitches. I remember in Japanese D/P games, you can surf in the Pokemon League. <.<

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Not really a glitch but more of failing at creating an optical illusion: With the shadows of overworld sprites positioned the way they are in the 3D of BW it looks like the people are floating. Look at the feet on the pics on serebii if you don't believe it

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    it appears when a pokemon's data is somehow corrupted. some of them will multiply all over your box, so you cant catch anymore pokemon. nintendo did this to attack hackers

Years
    like horizon said, their will still be glitches, probably in line with past ones. (cloning, etc.)

i also really hope stuff like the diamond dust, and the matsuda method are still in B&W. the little things game freak throws in there are always cool. :D

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    I'm hoping this will be the end of all glitches. They just make it too easy for cheaters to clone their friend's 999-stat Deoxys and make a retardedly overpowered team.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    It makes me wonder if tweaking will be possible or not...i think yes..programming errors are almost certain to happen with the new 3d aspects..it'll be interesting to see if there r others too

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well every generation so far has had at least one cloning glitch, so I'm betting one of those'll be in there somewhere. Like people have said before though, glitches are an inevitable side effect of producing a game. The only way I can see them being overcome is if Nintendo released over-the-air patches for the games.

Back