• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] God of Salad's Pokemon Purple (No Random Encounters)

Years
  • Made using RPG Maker XP, Pokemon Essentials
    (I'm new at forum posts)

Demo Link - Updated to Version 0.2.0.0
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/i1ldhoh6y5pyfqh/Pok%C3%A9mon_Purple_v0.2.0.0.rar
    Requires WINRAR.

I was unable to compress the game data normally. It might have something to do with klein bitmap, I'm not sure. I've yet to properly look into it, but any help would be appreciated. I'm aware the game is pretty much unlocked, but I don't really mind.

Aims
    Pokemon Purple aims to eventually recreate the original three regions and link them, with some minor differences.
    No Random Encounters

No Random Encounters
    One feature I'm particularly excited about is the lack of random encounters. You will now be able to see the Pokemon walking through the grass in the over-world.
    -Pokemon should remain the same level and gender, until the map is exited.
    -Repel should keep Pokemon away.
    -Shiny Pokemon can be encountered, it should be nearly as rare as it is originally.
    -Water encounters are represented by pond ripples. (Inaccessible in current demo)
    God of Salad's Pokemon Purple (No Random Encounters)

I've had a surprising amount of issues creating this. It is far from bulletproof, but I think I have it functioning as stable as my abilities will allow.
    I would be happy to share any of my work if anyone is interested how it is done. I am also very open by a more advanced programmer creating a more effective system.

The game itself
    The rest of the game is pretty simple. You start off on an island, you get the pilot to take you to a region (only Johto at the moment), and basically replay the original games.
    Its not meant to be anything special really, just a remake of the games I love without the things I found to be annoying.

The Demo version 2
    So the demo should end after Ecruteak City, before the burned tower. Demo contains NO music, so I could keep the file size down.

Bugs
    -Some Mapping Glitches
    -Some game crashing bugs when entering some areas
    -Slowdowns with event processing in encounter heavy areas
    -No tree's to headbutt
    -Triple Triad yet to be developed correctly
    -Trainer Card, Pokegear/Map not working

Future Endeavors
    -Actually finishing 3 Regions
    -Region Quarantine
    -Customize-able Town
    -Custom Difficulties
    -Extra dungeons

Feedback
    Progress can be slow sometimes, but I'd love to hear feedback! How is the game? Is it worth having Random Encounters? You tell me!

Credits
    I am seriously sorry to anyone I have forgotten to mention in the credits. I am trying to credit every single thing, so if there is someone that needs credit, I'm more than willing to correct my mistake.

RPG Maker Enterbrain
    Pokemon Essentials Flameguru, Poccil and Maruno

Klein Bitmap Functions V1 KleinStudio
    Stat Down/Up Animation V1 KleinStudio
    Unknown Script Richard PT
    Event Range Conditions ForeverZer0
    More Self-Switches game_guy
    Fancy Badges Luka S.J.
    Egg Hatch Animation FL
    Random Egg Generator FL
    Receive Item Scene Help-14

Needs Credit PFollowers