• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Godzilla Final Wars

Years
  • What did you people think of this movie? I thought it was terrible for the last Godzilla movie. These are the reasons I hated it:
    The music wasn't the traditional Godzilla music, it was some weird... I dunno what. There was too much of those "Mutants" and the Xilians, therefore the monster scenes were only about 1 minute long each. The fights were rediculous, all Godzilla had to do was one atomic blast and they died, and what was the deal with all of those wrestling moves? King Seesar did a flying Crossbody on Godzilla O.o And It copied Star Wars in some ways, because the Xillians and Mutants had Jedi powers, such as the jumps and lightning. So, what do you think?

Years
  • I watched the Japanese version of it back over the summer, and I agree with you that it stepped too far away from the traditional Godzilla movies. It had a lot of campy scenes that were absent from most of the recent Godzilla movies, like when Godzilla goes for a "long dive" to try and catch Angulius when the monsters were using him like a soccer ball or something. :\

And how many times are we going to see King Ghidorah go up against Godzilla? It's not like he's ever going to win against the King of the Monsters, so stop using him so often. It's way past old. Just like they need to take break from using MechaGodzilla so often. He's cool and all, but if they keep using him so often it's all going to get repetitive and the monster will lose its charm.

I didn't care for the style of the movie... it really ripped off a lot of Hollywood movies like the Matrix and it just came off as being embarrassing to watch.

I'll take the original Destroy All Monsters over this movie any day (which I'm sure you know Final Wars was intended to be sort of a remake of).

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • For your information, GFW is NOT the last movie, besides Godzilla 3D, Big-G is expected to return in 2013. *Moans*

Now, the movie was average in my opinion, but I'm just a lil' kid, so I'm bad with being a critic. But what I hated the most was how King Ceasar looked. HE looked like some kind of an angry Shitzu combined with an Ewok with a bad hair day. The other thing that annoyed me was how Godzilla was pitted agenst his best friends. It's not fair for Angy, Rodan, Ceasar, Zilla, and Kumonga to go agenst Godzilla, even with mind control. All of them had helped Godzilla before, and Godzilla would NEVER go agenst them. (Okay... Zilla never helped him, but he IS a Godzilla.)
    The best part is that Zilla, being in a official Godzilla movie, is now an official Toho Monster, so he is open for other movies. Yay!

Years
  • ~\"Metal Sonic"/~ said:
    For your information, GFW is NOT the last movie, besides Godzilla 3D, Big-G is expected to return in 2013. *Moans*

Now, the movie was average in my opinion, but I'm just a lil' kid, so I'm bad with being a critic. But what I hated the most was how King Ceasar looked. HE looked like some kind of an angry Shitzu combined with an Ewok with a bad hair day. The other thing that annoyed me was how Godzilla was pitted agenst his best friends. It's not fair for Angy, Rodan, Ceasar, Zilla, and Kumonga to go agenst Godzilla, even with mind control. All of them had helped Godzilla before, and Godzilla would NEVER go agenst them. (Okay... Zilla never helped him, but he IS a Godzilla.)
    The best part is that Zilla, being in a official Godzilla movie, is now an official Toho Monster, so he is open for other movies. Yay!

Godzilla hasn't had "friends" since the Showa series. Once the Heisei series began, Godzilla returned to his evil roots of the 1954 movie. Besides, the Millennium series is alternate reality, meaning none of the movies are connected (with the exception of the MechaGodzilla movies) and are only connected to the original 1954 movie. Thus, neither the Showa nor Heisei series exists when it comes to the Millennium series, only the first movie does. This means Godzilla never "made friends" with Angilius, Rodan, and the others.

And I believe the movie was promoted as Godzilla's final movie in Japan, but they didn't mean final as in "last movie ever" just "final movie for some time".

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Kaiju Alpha said:
    Godzilla hasn't had "friends" since the Showa series. Once the Heisei series began, Godzilla returned to his evil roots of the 1954 movie. Besides, the Millennium series is alternate reality, meaning none of the movies are connected (with the exception of the MechaGodzilla movies) and are only connected to the original 1954 movie. Thus, neither the Showa nor Heisei series exists when it comes to the Millennium series, only the first movie does. This means Godzilla never "made friends" with Angilius, Rodan, and the others.

And I believe the movie was promoted as Godzilla's final movie in Japan, but they didn't mean final as in "last movie ever" just "final movie for some time".
    Meh, y' got a point there...
    Still, I've always thought Angy was friends with Godzilla, and that will never change under my terms...

Back