• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Going Underground

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    How much time have you spent/do you spend in the underground?
    Honestly, I didn't spend that much time in the underground.

Traps - do you always fall into them or have you become a pro at avoiding them?
    I always fall into traps. Sometimes I run into my own traps.

Does the plethora of elemental stones and other useful items make the game too easy, as compared with HGSS where you have to work just to find even one?
    I don't think so. Because you might make the wall crumble before you even get the item which was always a challenge for me. I always just hit the wall randomly. 8D

Did you find it strange that there are no wild Pokemon in the underground, given the existence of Ground Pokemon that are more than capable of finding their way there?
    Yes! When I first went underground I thought I would be running into Zubats/Geodudes the whole time. I think they should have put some Pokemon down there.

Was it unrealistic that the underground did not act as an alternative portal between places in Sinnoh rather than just exiting the way you came, no matter how far away from the genesis point you had ventured?
    I thought it was really dumb to run all the way to the other side of the underground and still come up where you went down.

Would you have preferred to be able to use it this way?
    I would have preferred to come up in different locations depending on where I was in the underground.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I spent little time down there. I only went down there for some evolution stones, fossils and heart scales. I didn't have anyone to play capture the flag with.

Seeing as I didn't play with anyone I didn't really encounter traps. Sometimes I set up traps around my secret base and then set them off when I was returning. -_-

Does the plethora of elemental stones and other useful items make the game too easy, as compared with HGSS where you have to work just to find even one?
    It's not too easy, if anything HG/SS was too hard. Stones are rare yes but they should be semi-easy to find. In Kanto you can just buy the stones so they can't be that rare.

Did you find it strange that there are no wild Pokemon in the underground, given the existence of Ground Pokemon that are more than capable of finding their way there?
    Strange? Yes. Should there have been? No. How annoying would that be, running inot bloody diglett and onix at every second step. Pokemon dosen't have to be realistic, it's a game where a fish move on land and emu's can fly.

Was it unrealistic that the underground did not act as an alternative portal between places in Sinnoh rather than just exiting the way you came, no matter how far away from the genesis point you had ventured? Would you have preferred to be able to use it this way?
    If it was like that then if I was in Eterna City and hadn't fouhgt Gardenia yet, then I came up in Pastoria City how would I get back? Or I could have skipped all the plot points between these two towns. It's not realistic but had to be done like that.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    • How much time have you spent/do you spend in the underground?
    • Traps - do you always fall into them or have you become a pro at avoiding them?
    • Does the plethora of elemental stones and other useful items make the game too easy, as compared with HGSS where you have to work just to find even one?
    • Did you find it strange that there are no wild Pokemon in the underground, given the existence of Ground Pokemon that are more than capable of finding their way there?
    • Was it unrealistic that the underground did not act as an alternative portal between places in Sinnoh rather than just exiting the way you came, no matter how far away from the genesis point you had ventured? Would you have preferred to be able to use it this way?

1. When I use to play my Sinnoh games, I would go there everyday to find some valuable things.
    2. I use my radar to find them so In lean more on the pro side.
    3. Easy? Most of the evolutionary stones required time and hard work. They were rare before the Elite 4 and after it they're uncommon. While HGSS makes it harder, it's still hard finding stones and other valuable treasures down there.
    4. I never actually thought of that. Now it does seem odd.
    5. Huh?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012

• How much time have you spent/do you spend in the underground?
    • Traps - do you always fall into them or have you become a pro at avoiding them?
    • Does the plethora of elemental stones and other useful items make the game too easy, as compared with HGSS where you have to work just to find even one?
    • Did you find it strange that there are no wild Pokemon in the underground, given the existence of Ground Pokemon that are more than capable of finding their way there?
    • Was it unrealistic that the underground did not act as an alternative portal between places in Sinnoh rather than just exiting the way you came, no matter how far away from the genesis point you had ventured? Would you have preferred to be able to use it this way?

I don't spend a lot of time in the underground, and the time I spend, is hunting for fossils or stones, which has made me develop an habit of giving a few steps and tapping the screen, making me more likely to disarm traps.
    About the stones, not really, because they are somewhat hard to find,same as fossils.
    Although I think that the lack of Pokemon is actually good, I understand your point. And always returning to the point you started, from a game developer's point of view is okay, because prevent advancing too much in the game outside of the right time, but yeah, definitively weird​

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
    Quite a lot. I needed to collect a bunch of shards. :3
    I usually just avoid or disarm them. Once though I fell into a leaf trap while my mic didn't work. I couldn't get out of it. :/
    It's still not easy to find, but yeah I like it waaay more than the HG/SS setup.
    I never thought about that. I saw the whole thing as like a mini game rather than a part of the map.
    Was it unrealistic that the underground did not act as an alternative portal between places in Sinnoh rather than just exiting the way you came, no matter how far away from the genesis point you had ventured? Would you have preferred to be able to use it this way?
    That wouldve been cool. But you'd be able to get to far away places before collecting the second badge lol.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    I spent a LOT if time in the underground, maybe 6 or 7 hours in total.
    I never played with friends, but with the traps that were just there, I couldn't avoid them to save my life

Was nice to have all the stuff, and later-in-game it was nice to have it, it certainly made the game easier
    In the beginning, and in hindsight, yes, it is strange, I always thought it was weird I could never use my pokemon
    Was it unrealistic that the underground did not act as an alternative portal between places in Sinnoh rather than just exiting the way you came, no matter how far away from the genesis point you had ventured? Would you have preferred to be able to use it this way?No, i wouldn't of preferred it, because then, people would just go under-ground and skip all the trainer fights and wild pokemon battles :(

Ikonmelee

Hoenn Veteran
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    -maybe 25 hrs of play time

-Im always pinging for stuff so i avoid them

-Nah theres no shiny stones which are usefull

-Yes, but I dont Want any to pop up.

-After you unlock all cities yes

Back