• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gold comparison

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That is one thing they took away from the new Gold...which would be the confident more adventurous looking kind of guy.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    In my opinion, the new gold art is one of the best in the whole series. Except the shoes. Maybe they could do with a little change.

Overall though, it's awesome. A huge upgrade.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I adore new Gold. He looks younger, taller, and skinnier. And I like my men like that. 8D
    I also like his new outfit. It's a lot more modern and the new pokegear looks awesome (should have been red or gold though, and maybe Heart's could be silver). That and his hair looks more natural and smooth. I wanna run my fingers through it. ♥ Then I wanna take his hat. Looks better than the old one.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would like to get a poster with this new remake and the new looking Gold and Heart. Just because how cool Gold looks now.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like the New Gold comparing how the old Gold look. Not by graphics but the clothes. I think they did him just fine in my opinion. He use to look much more fatter but now he slimmed down which is pretty cool.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Both Golds are nice. Even though I prefer some aspects of old Gold more than the new one, but the new Gold is not a disappointment. The biggest difference that I can spot between the two is the appearance age wise and the feel of the character. The original Gold looks older and stockier and has a cool and collected look. New Gold looks taller and thinner, but has a younger look to him and a generic "I can do this!" blah blah blah hope and dreams look. If there's one thing I'll miss about old Gold's art, it's the confident but calm look that I feel he has.

Don't get me wrong. I like the new Gold's attire much more than old Gold's. And while Gold is supposed to be ten, the older and more experienced look of the first Gold appealed to me more than the new one's.
    IMO, his new pose looks more like "Get dem poke balls out, we iz gonna do battle" + smirk.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    Gold looks much better in my opinion. :3

It appears they slimmed down his design so he looks less bulky and cluttered. XD

And Yes, I do appreciate the lighthearted look of the newer Gold.

The only complaint I do have are those shorts, however, I can let that slide seeing that the newer design is more appealing than the older one. I guess that what happens when you have remakes. XD

I like the new one. I kind of wish that they'd made his shorts a little baggier, but I don't mind his new look.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Old gold is badass and can handle himself, new gold looks like a nancy who would have to phone home every 5 seconds to have his mom deliver him fresh made biscuits.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Think of it this way, with all that traveling the old Gold has done he's gotten talle rand slimmer and dressed to match today's fashion. A little humor anyway. LoL

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Old gold is badass and can handle himself, new gold looks like a nancy who would have to phone home every 5 seconds to have his mom deliver him fresh made biscuits.

ok you know I've gone through all your posts, and every single one is pointing out how much you hate HG/SS.

we get it?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ok you know I've gone through all your posts, and every single one is pointing out how much you hate HG/SS.

we get it?

I would simply just leave him be, before a fued arises in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with the new Gold, I mean at first his pants got me a little edge, but that has already grown passed me.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I kinda prefer the older design. The new design kinda makes him look thin and weak. =/ He does look younger and more energetic, though. But still, the original Gold design is better in my opinion. ^^

Years

ROTFL! Lol wut? He doesn't give off the look of "nancy..." except for maybe his face which looks similar to Lucas'. I like his new look. I think he's a cute character. ^_^ (The old Gold reminded me of McDonalds...but I still like old Gold better than some of the other male characters.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That is true, the old Gold was a bit overdressed with Yellow and Red, but this new Gold has a different style that doesn't use those two colors excessively.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Well sweeties, I kinda prefer the older design. The new design kinda makes him look thin and weak. =/ He does look younger and more energetic, though. But still, the original Gold design is better in my opinion. ^^
    Well, in new gold's defense, him looking "thin" and "weak" is all really dependent on the artist's style. And we know sugimori has dropped his more "realistic" style for a more "anime" style. He's the same guy, just drawn in a far different style.

His in-game image will probably do more justice to him, considering Lucas looked like a wimp twig in his D/P/PT art, but he looked stronger and more mature in his in-game sprites.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, in new gold's defense, him looking "thin" and "weak" is all really dependent on the artist's style. And we know sugimori has dropped his more "realistic" style for a more "anime" style. He's the same guy, just drawn in a far different style.

His in-game image will probably do more justice to him, considering Lucas looked like a wimp twig in his D/P/PT art, but he looked stronger and more mature in his in-game sprites.

This makes a good point, because having a drawing of someone compared to a sprite can look entrely different afterwards. Plus, at least you can say he looks like the age of 10 [the age a trainer starts their journey].

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years

Well you got a point there, sweetie. I just have to wait and see the new sprites for the game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ The OW sprite for Gold has already been shown many times, you can actually find it in the CoroCoro scans thread in this section as well.

Back