• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Cards

How many golden cards do you have?

• None

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • A few

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • TONS OF GOLDEN CARDS!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not that into collecting rare cards

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • I have a few golden cards in my deck, but can you still get them? Or have they become really rare since 1998? I was only 2 back then but these are the golden cards I have:
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Pikachu
    Charizard

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • 1998? They're probably not even in print anymore. As such, are probably illegal in any deck (assuming they were at one point legal).

What are these golden cards, anyway?

poke280281282475FANN

Mesprit Fan /O\
    Years
  • These..... "golden cards" are actually ancient cards! They are thin blocks of "gold" only 4 pokemon are printed:
    pikachu
    charizard
    mewtwo
    mew

There were only 4 exsisting in each state in the US.

Hidancat

ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • There were 6 different types of 23-karat gold plated cards made; Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Poliwhirl, Mewtwo, Mew, and Charizard.
    And there weren't 4 made in each state - They were promotional with Burger King or McDonald's and you could get one with a kid's meal by paying $8.00, I think. Maybe less.

Of those I have Charizard and Mewtwo. Got both of eBay for $6.00 -- this leads me to believe they were less than $8 but I dunno.

j.a

awesomenesses!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    These..... "golden cards" are actually ancient cards! They are thin blocks of "gold" only 4 pokemon are printed:
    pikachu
    charizard
    mewtwo
    mew

There were only 4 exsisting in each state in the US.
    Suckers (kidding)
    in ontario canada we had poliwag and mew

Back