• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GOLDEN SUN RMXP KIT!

maaddogg

Epic spriter in the making!!
Years
  • This is for anyone who has ever heard of or wants to make a fan game of golden sun,if you dont know what golden sun is then please refer HERE

ok so i was just being me Bored as always until an idea struck me,"hmm i wonder if they had recources for golden sun for rmxp",so i searched it on google and i found a starter kit ^_^,but unfortunately it is very glitchy and has some minor issues that shouldnt be a problem to fix with a little of my scripting knowledge so i am taking it upon myself to renew the starterkit and share it with you guys if your interested!!

i will release a demo of the fixed version later,as i am still working on finding and adding sprites and tiles to the game

but in the mean time,here are some screenies!! ^_^

GOLDEN SUN RMXP KIT!

GOLDEN SUN RMXP KIT!

GOLDEN SUN RMXP KIT!

GOLDEN SUN RMXP KIT!

GOLDEN SUN RMXP KIT!

GOLDEN SUN RMXP KIT!

GOLDEN SUN RMXP KIT!

i will be updating this frequently,if you do not see updates here then you can always check my DeviantArt

NOTE:i do not own Golden sun,nor do i intend to steal from them,this starter kit is for fan games only!

if you are interested in helping me improve the kit then please PM me!

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • If only I had this like 3 years ago. I was looking for it then. Now I'm too engrossed in my Pokemon Game. Oh well, never hurts to try it out. Nice job!

maaddogg

Years
  • If only I had this like 3 years ago. I was looking for it then. Now I'm too engrossed in my Pokemon Game. Oh well, never hurts to try it out. Nice job!

thanks,i'll try my best to get you and everyone interested again ^_^,i cant do this by myself though,i am going to need a little help lol

but i will try my best!

update!:
    ~i have taken out some unnecessary things that were put in the kit by its creator
    ~i am currently trying to script the menu system just like in the actual games

~~~If you would like too help then please pm me ^_^

Next update: 5/30/10

Last edited:

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Love that game, I tried to make it like 6 years ago, never even got far

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I can't say I have any direct interest in using the kit myself, but I am a huge fan of the series (plz to hurry up and release GSDS Nintendo aaagh) and would love to see some quality fangames based on it; might even pitch in with one if it looked cool enough. Nice find, and good luck cleaning it up!

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    If I were you, I would start from scratch, as in C++ or Java or some language, in fact C# with XNA is fine, you have to think of the future, RPG Maker is only going to give you only so much. You will produce higher quality work if you start from scratch, you can change the smallest details that will make the engine flawless, you can't do that with RPG Maker. I am just telling you this, you can only go so far with RPG Maker. If you are going with C++, I suggest trying Allegro, its a game development library. Or be caring and use SDL or SFML. But this is just a suggestion, don't complain if you don't get the expected result after 2 years trying to use RPG Maker. RPG Maker will never give you the authentic feel of goldensun's movement, you know what I mean if you played. The way I am telling you to do it is a lot harder and takes longer, but the efforts are well worth it and if you make the engine correctly, the person does not even have to learn C++ to use it, you can use Ruby or Lua or Perl and other scripting languages to script it.

edit:
    I want ask you something, what do you want to get out of this project? Are you just doing it for the hell of it? Or are you serious and want to get experience?

Last edited:

maaddogg

Years
  • If I were you, I would start from scratch, as in C++ or Java or some language, in fact C# with XNA is fine, you have to think of the future, RPG Maker is only going to give you only so much. You will produce higher quality work if you start from scratch, you can change the smallest details that will make the engine flawless, you can't do that with RPG Maker. I am just telling you this, you can only go so far with RPG Maker. If you are going with C++, I suggest trying Allegro, its a game development library. Or be caring and use SDL or SFML. But this is just a suggestion, don't complain if you don't get the expected result after 2 years trying to use RPG Maker. RPG Maker will never give you the authentic feel of goldensun's movement, you know what I mean if you played. The way I am telling you to do it is a lot harder and takes longer, but the efforts are well worth it and if you make the engine correctly, the person does not even have to learn C++ to use it, you can use Ruby or Lua or Perl and other scripting languages to script it.

edit:
    I want ask you something, what do you want to get out of this project? Are you just doing it for the hell of it? Or are you serious and want to get experience?

hmm,thanks you have given me things too think about.
    Also,i am using rpg maker because it is very user friendly and i already have LOTS of expierience using it.

and as for your question,i am doing this for pure fun and to practice my skills in RubyRGSS although i have little expierience with it ,this could help me improve

and as for the XNA thing,i have used it before and its very hard too get used tooo for me,but hmm i guess i can give it another shot doing a low poly 3d rpg project for practice^_^

bu in the meantime im going to finish this project,thanks for the feedback^_^
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________
    update!!!:

~what the menu looks like ^_^
    GOLDEN SUN RMXP KIT!

i will improve it later on in the next update!!

~i am having difficulties editing some of the crapy scripts that were put into the pack,so if you would like to help then please PM me ^_^

~next update 5/31/10

~maaddogg

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    It ain't new bud, and I believe it was available 6 years ago.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    your gonna have to update this kit very soon because these tiles will become very old once the new golden sun game comes out.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Sorry bud it isn't his kit, and there are tons of issues, if you want to make a Golden Sun game and you can't take the initiative to try and make your own engine I doubt you'll get very far, but theres the ability to hack roms.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Personally looking at the video for the new Goldensun game, I really love the old graphics, I think the DS is a terrible platform for the new golden sun to come out, I think it should at least come out onto the wii with 2d only graphics, then they can fit more data into the game, which they can have better artwork/spriting and bigger world (same world, but more towns, and stuff) and the wii motion stuff can be used in psynergies and summons and stuff, the better your movement, the higher the damage or something like that. Even though the Wii is a terrible system in today;s standards, its 10x better than the DS. I am not going to argue about this, home consoles > handheld

maaddogg

Years
  • UPDATE!:

ok i am unfortunately discontinuing this project because it doesnt seem to appeal to anyone and because of lack of support.Dont take this as me getting mad or anything because i am not,im just a bit ticked off ^_^

so with that said,i would really appreciate it if a mod or admin could close this thread as it is not needed anymore!

~Maaddogg

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Uh really? give up that easily? Then I guess I was wrong... Sorry I am just disappointed, I think I clocked in more hours on my Goldensun 2 than my sapphire... If you are giving up, I suggest you learn C++, I am serious, if you aren't doing anything, just learn C++, If you need help, contact me, I have been using C++ for 4 years now

maaddogg

Years
  • Uh really? give up that easily? Then I guess I was wrong... Sorry I am just disappointed, I think I clocked in more hours on my Goldensun 2 than my sapphire... If you are giving up, I suggest you learn C++, I am serious, if you aren't doing anything, just learn C++, If you need help, contact me, I have been using C++ for 4 years now

i am only giving up because this kit would be pointless if no one is going to use it,if you would like me to continue then i would be glad too,and i decided that i am going to take you up on your offer and learn c++,i will start rite now and PM you if i need any help,thanks ^_^

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    i am only giving up because this kit would be pointless if no one is going to use it,if you would like me to continue then i would be glad too,and i decided that i am going to take you up on your offer and learn c++,i will start rite now and PM you if i need any help,thanks ^_^
    https://search.barnesandnoble.com/L...Smiley/e/9780072225358/?itm=1&USRI=smiley+c++

remember, it does not teach you how to program, only teaches you how to code. It will teach you the basics, but if you really want to program, you have to learn it by yourself. The book can only teach you so much. It comes with experience, bare with it and you will do great. You will understand after a while, you have to teach yourself how to program.

maaddogg

Years
  • https://search.barnesandnoble.com/L...Smiley/e/9780072225358/?itm=1&USRI=smiley+c++

remember, it does not teach you how to program, only teaches you how to code. It will teach you the basics, but if you really want to program, you have to learn it by yourself. The book can only teach you so much. It comes with experience, bare with it and you will do great. You will understand after a while, you have to teach yourself how to program.

thanks,i will PM you when i have learned something

Back