• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Golden Sun: The Lost Age Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • Okay, so this guy named Atrius has been working very hard to create this extremely versitle and useful program to make hacks of the GBA game Golden Sun: The Lost Age. It is going to be a comprehensive program, covering all sectors of hacking; however, the program is only in the early stages of programming, so only a few things can currently be edited.

It is one of the best programs I have ever tried to be used for a single game. Unlike most Pokemon Rom hacking programs, it's an all in one kind of deal, with many cool new things being prepared for the next release.

A video of the stuff you can do with it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPt-fjBza4E

Info on the video:
    I decided to give Atrius's GS:TLA editor a little try.

I'd have to say, the editor is amazing! It's one of the best 1 game exclusive hacking programs I've ever had! Unlike most Pokémon rom hacking programs, this one has many things in one (and it's growing). To top it all off, it's in a nice to use format, making it easy for anyone to pick up.

HAMMA'S OVERWORLD SPRITE IS TO BE FEARED... (I think I made her too strong... =P)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can check out his (rather small) website on it here. You can also download it from here as well.

https://www.mitxela.com/atrius/GS_Editor/TLAeditor_NCFCbooth

I hope you enjoy Atrius's editor as much as I did.

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • This is cool!
    I always wanted to hack the golden sun games.
    Maybe if I get a chance when im done with my hack ill try this.

userpr

Quilava Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Wow I have to say this does look amazing. I can't wait till he's able to develop the program further, I'm sure it'll gain a lot more popularity as it gets more developed.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • The guy's hacking skillz are INSANE. He's already been able to change the very particular data with the sprites (it's not viewable in Unlz.GBA) which just amazes me. I'm kind of like his apprentice in a weird way =P

BTW, Gamer2020 - it only works with GS:TLA (rom name AGFE if you really want to know). GS1 is a little weird, and it's also half the size at 7FFFFF rather than FFFFFF.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • The guy's hacking skillz are INSANE. He's already been able to change the very particular data with the sprites (it's not viewable in Unlz.GBA) which just amazes me. I'm kind of like his apprentice in a weird way =P

BTW, Gamer2020 - it only works with GS:TLA (rom name AGFE if you really want to know). GS1 is a little weird, and it's also half the size at 7FFFFF rather than FFFFFF.

Ah well i think its better to hack the second one since it has more stuff. I started writting a story that would actually make a great TLA hack but I don't have the time.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • EDIT: The upper link was fixed. It had to be moved. It's on this post, though:
    Here's the new one:
    https://www.mitxela.com/atrius/GS_Editor/TLAeditor_NCFCbooth

Anyways, it's really cool. The Monster Editor is just amazing - you can set the monster's sprite as any one used in the game, from the Lighthouse Aerie to GS1 monsters to even NPCs like the Wise One, Alex or Hama. You can change their stats (with the exception of Elemental Resistances) and you can change their attacks as well, which not only include Monster Abilties and Psynergy, but Djinn unleashes and Summons as well!

It's kind of cool to see the Overworld Sprites line up properly in battle =D

The Item Editor is a very comprehensive tool as well. You can change any item, from Wooden Stick to the Kikuichimonji, the Lift Gem to the Teleport Lapis and even items like Venus and Mercury Stars! You can change their stat multipiers, psynergy bestowed and unleashes (which is how in the video I got the Wooden Stick to unleash Formina Sage).

Things that he's working on include a Map Viewer, a full out Sprite Editor, an attack editor, a class editor, and a lot of other things as well. You can check out the progress on the Program here: https://z9.invisionfree.com/Golden_Sun_Hacking/index.php?showtopic=31&view=getnewpost

(it's a forum but I'm not asking you to join - it's the only site he's really giving updates on)

NOTE: The music hack is the only thing in the video that I didn't use Atrius's editor for. I did that out of boredom, and I have some more music on my Youtube Channel Crazybuizel if you're really that interested...

I really hope that Golden Sun Hacking becomes as popular as Pokemon Hacking someday. It's a great game and Camelot is WASTING their time making Golf and Tennis games...

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    A great tool, it's nice to see some development for non-pokemoin hacks and it's tools. I was thinking of making a rom hack, but in my opinion, Golden Sun TLA is already perfect the way it is.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • True on the last part.

It's fun to see how it's all put together. For example, Star Magician actually has 3 aliases - Star Magician and two with weak placeholder values known as Dark Wizard and Evil Shaman. It's also interesting to see that they have the old GS monsters as well, such as Hydros Statue and Fusion Dragon.

Sometimes I wish the Pokemon Rom Hacking programs were this comprehensive... >_<

Anyways, it turns out that Atrius, the editor's creator, is working on it to make GS1 editable as well.

It's nice to see interest in Golden Sun after all these years =D

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    Well, it is a great game after all, so the real question would be, why did they took so long? lol. This should probably bring some interesting rom hacks concerning the game, can't wait. Thank you for posting the info, Pokemon Jupiter Version.

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Atrius now has the second beta out! It is available here!

There is now a Map Viewer (good for stealing tiles, ho ho ho!), a face portrait editor (not actually editing the portraits, changing which ones corrospond with which characters), a base stat editor, an ability editor, a text editor and a patch that allows you to expand the size of your main character (Felix)'s name! It's very nice and I highly recommend a download!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2009
    I can't wait to see this program develop ^^

Golden Sun is probably my favorite game ever, and I am looking forward to hacking it^^
    The only thing I won't change is it's amazing soundtrack :P

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Which is why I'm changing the instruments and songs in my Pokemon hack to sound like GS's, lol.

Well, I hope you have a fun time messing around with the program. Man, I should get a video up with the new features...

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Hello everyone! I'm the Editor's creator, I have to say, it's great to see some support for Golden Sun hacking here.

linkinkid said:
    I was thinking of making a rom hack, but in my opinion, Golden Sun TLA is already perfect the way it is.
    True, true. I do hope to see some new games built off the engine eventually though, once the tools are far enough along.

Pokemon Jupiter Version said:
    There is now a Map Viewer (good for stealing tiles, ho ho ho!), a face portrait editor (not actually editing the portraits, changing which ones corrospond with which characters), a base stat editor, an ability editor, a text editor and a patch that allows you to expand the size of your main character (Felix)'s name! It's very nice and I highly recommend a download!

Bit of a typo there, I never said that would be in version 0.2.

I know... I know... people at different places are complaining it doesn't allow you to edit text yet. So far I've only made things that aren't compressed editable, and just added viewers for the things that are. Now that I've got a nice amount of the non-compressed stuff dealt with though, text editing will be in the next version.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    where is the good stuff

It's great but
    But it nEEds a map and text AND sprite editor!!!
    It would be better with the three above.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back