• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good Manga

Mad Hatteress

Just a little glitchy
Years
  • You really need to give examples of what you like. Until then all I can really suggest is Hyper Police if you like good art, furries, and naughty humor. Seriously; that manga is freaking hilarious.

I also like Pretty Face. It's about a boy who gets in a bus accident, getting messed up beyond recognition, and the mad doctor who saves him gives him the face of the girl in the picture he has. On his way to find a proper photo of his face he runs into the girl whose face she has and she mistakes him for her long lost sister! It's also a little naughty and spazzy, but so very fun.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    If you want suspense/drama, there are the Urasawa titles (i.e. MONSTER, 20th Century Boys, and Pluto) or AKIRA.
    For romance and stuff, Bitter Virgin, perhaps?
    Or if you liked Death Note, there's Liar Game and Kurosagi.
    and Gintama's got solid comedy. (Or, if you can handle it, Franken Fran is pretty funny too.)
    Or if you want something riddled all over with shonen manga/fantasy fiction stereotypes, there's RAVE. (aka Groove Master Rave, iirc.) (not that it's a bad thing though)

That should keep you busy awhile.

(sorry if my tastes are too dark and gloomy)

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • If you want suspense/drama, there are the Urasawa titles (i.e. MONSTER, 20th Century Boys, and Pluto) or AKIRA.
    For romance and stuff, Bitter Virgin, perhaps?
    Or if you liked Death Note, there's Liar Game and Kurosagi.
    and Gintama's got solid comedy. (Or, if you can handle it, Franken Fran is pretty funny too.)
    Or if you want something riddled all over with shonen manga/fantasy fiction stereotypes, there's RAVE. (aka Groove Master Rave, iirc.) (not that it's a bad thing though)

That should keep you busy awhile.

(sorry if my tastes are too dark and gloomy)

I like Liar Game and Franken Fran, too. :)

Years
    Hmm... with only this as an indicator of your tastes I'd say you should go for something like Bleach or Death Note. Those seem to be popular with your demographic.

Mad Hatteress

Just a little glitchy
    Years
  • Ack... That young?!

Ignore my suggestions, then. Those are aimed at a higher age level.

I guess I can't be of much help since all the manga I owned that are aimed at males are meant for those that are 18+ except for Death Note.

I really don't think you want me suggesting Clamp manga xD

カゲボウズ

「なかないで」
    Years
  • You sound like Mashima material then.

By that I mean works by Hiro Mashima. Groove Adventure Rave/Rave Master, as mentioned earlier (great series, really <3), Fairy Tail (come on, it's totally obvious I'd mention this, for those who know me :V), Monster Hunter Orage (based after the Monster Hunter series, but pretty good~), and Monster Blood, I think it is? (haven't looked into that one yet) A lot of these got the comedy (heck, Fairy Tail won an award for best comedy, if I recall?), the action, the adventure, and the fantasy. However, if you're not big on mega-long series, then they probably wouldn't be too good (although Monster Hunter Orage and Monster Blood/whatever it is are pretty short).

And then, if you don't mind the fact it's categorized as a shoujo series, there's Ouran High School Host Club. Great comedy, but there is romance. And the original Yu-Gi-Oh (the parts season 0 was based on) is a great fantasy series as well~

That's my two cents of info., I'm sad to say.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I love(d) Death Note, but if you're anything like me (terrible attention span), then you'll probably have to read each book in installments, or go back and re-read parts for details you totally skipped by. It's still so, so good though. In terms of other manga, it's short too, only about 12 books long compared to the 20+ that Naruto and Bleach are.

I also read Hikaru No Go, Juvenile Orion, Qwan...and CardCaptor Sakura/Sailor Moon, but I'm pretty sure the last two wouldn't really interest you :p

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Onani Master Kurosawa. You will not regret reading.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Well I just bought Tegami Bachi today, and it's great. The artwork is amazing and the story great. And after you've read it, you can watch the anime too.

Mad Hatteress

Just a little glitchy
    Years
  • Has anyone read Godchild? That is an amazing series

Been meaning to; I bought that series and Legacy of Cain but have yet to read either. I really loved Angel Sanctuary, so I have high hopes. The author actually complained in a side panel she was getting tired of people begging her to continue the Cain series xD

Back