• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google Video

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Is it just me, or does this service COMPLETELY SUCK?! It's no wonder they bought YouTube.

GVideo is filled with craptastic videos, no real community, and a bunch of spammers and people who leave inflammatory comments.

Honestly, I think it's the worst service Google has ever come out with. Down with it I say. Clunky interface, no moderation, and absolutely attention-whore users make this a horrible place to enjoy movies on the internet.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    It's ludacris really. YouTube has tons of fansupport, but it's not profitable enough. It will bring people to Google though, which ends up paying off in different monetary things.

Honestly though, I think Google should use the current "GVid" format to display YouTube videos when searching in the Video section, and have YouTube be the sole place you can rate, upload, and review movies.

Wally4eva

Intermediate Webmaster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2017
    Youtube sucks now google bought it, they have deleted sooo many pokemon movies due to copyright, and google vid does suck, i agree

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    That's PUSA that deleted Pokemon videos, not Google.

Who cares if Google bought YouTube? People are overreacting.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yeah, that's what I was saying, the searching will be great. Google should scrap it's vid system now.

Horrible, absolutely horrible.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • There keeping it an indp. division of Google, Youtube has more face time than Google Video and it would be counterproductive to rename it. Renaming it would just waste all the money they spent, YouTube right now is an icon and has like 40% of the internet video "Market" (I guess you could call it that).

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • The only time I've used Google Video was to watch the 9/11 documentary, "Loose Change." I dunno...I guess it worked well enough to watch the movie. It was definately a good documentary though. I highly recommend it. I've used YouTube for all my other video needs. But yeah...I don't know what all the fuss is about. You've already got YouTube to watch vidz, so who really cares about Google Video. o.O

Back