• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Got my DSi! =D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • Ohmigosh, my blog entry titles are so boring.

EB Games called my mum today telling her that the DSi was ready to be picked up but since I forgot to take my mobile phone with me to school she wasn't able to tell me until I got home. She called shortly after I did arrive home and I ran a kilometre to the EB Games store to collect it. =)

The counter actually had quite a lot of people so I waited patiently for 5 minutes. When I finally got there gave in my receipt and they went to get my lovely black DSi. While in the store I noticed they'd gone back to their true offer for DS Lite + $175 for a DSi unlike my DS Lite + $149 for a DSi which I mentioned two blog entries ago which is fantastic. The woman also offered to sell a game pack which included a DSi case, screen protectors and some other crap which I knew I wouldn't need for $30 instead of the normal price of $40. I rejected the offer.

I jogged the way home, eagerly waiting to settle down at home to open my brand new DSi. I opened it up, turned it on and took a photo of myself. xDD

Then I went to the DSi Shop but not before updating my DSi to 1.3A and downloaded the Internet Browser for free and tried it. I must admit it's sooooooo much faster and easier to user than the original/Lite's one.

Although the DSi is a lot better than I expected, I do have a few complaints. I do hate the rough surface of the DSi to the previous models. I'm sure it's intentional but it feels just awful. The SD cover feels like it will literally snap off within a month because you actually have to bend it slightly in order to put the SD card in. There was something else I was going to complain about my I forgot. Haha.

After all that, even though I knew it wasn't going to work, I put my CycloDS Evolution in just for fun. The DSi completely ignores the fact that it's even in. I ordered an Acekard 2i, a completely newly designed flashcart for the DSi, on Saturday which I'm hoping will arrive soon.

That's all folks. ;)
    Feel free to post your opinions and any comments.

I attached a photo I took of myself in the mirror. =)

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
    Years
  • Wow! Seems like a lot of people are impressed by the DS Lite. It seems to surpass everyone's opinion of it and it also seems to work.

Also, the game that didn't work. Was it a Flash Cart or a real game?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Sonido;bt8997 said:
    Wow! Seems like a lot of people are impressed by the DS Lite. It seems to surpass everyone's opinion of it and it also seems to work.

Also, the game that didn't work. Was it a Flash Cart or a real game?
    You mean DSi?

And obviously it isn't a real game since real games aren't white. =P

Back