• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gotta catch'em all

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I'd like Game Freak to send me a real Certificate. Lots and praise and ego boosts scrawled all over it... I'd complete the Pokédex for that. The I'd frame it and hand it on the wall behind my bed, probably mention it in my CV too.

Oh my god that would be so great. I would show it off so much :p

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wish the certificate could be hung up in your house atleast...other than that I'm fine without any reward other then the star to your trainer card :)

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i miss the slogan :(

i say the radar upgrade would be nice, then it wouldnt break randomly when i get to 21on my krabby chain& im so close to gettin my legit shiny T^T
    ---------------
    id like it were you got access to an island, thats not on the map,but in the game, and its like Jurassic Park
    just like how Jurassic Park had genetically Altered Dinosaurs
    the Pokemon are altered to have attacks they dont usually have ;)
    like how Phanpy used to get Water Gun, or the baby pokemon egg in Crystal could get Dizzy Punch ^_^
    and you could catch things like Garchomp, Aggron, Salamence, Golem, Flygon, Slaking, exc. ^_^
    and the special moves would only be passed down threw those altered pokemon& a female,or a ditto ^_^

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • i miss the slogan :(

i say the radar upgrade would be nice, then it wouldnt break randomly when i get to 21on my krabby chain& im so close to gettin my legit shiny T^T
    ---------------
    id like it were you got access to an island, thats not on the map,but in the game, and its like Jurassic Park
    just like how Jurassic Park had genetically Altered Dinosaurs
    the Pokemon are altered to have attacks they dont usually have ;)
    like how Phanpy used to get Water Gun, or the baby pokemon egg in Crystal could get Dizzy Punch ^_^
    and you could catch things like Garchomp, Aggron, Salamence, Golem, Flygon, Slaking, exc. ^_^
    and the special moves would only be passed down threw those altered pokemon& a female,or a ditto ^_^
    ...are you even sure we will see the radar this gen V?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • It's not necessary, but it would still be nice to get a little reward. All the ideas in this thread are pretty good. When you complete especially difficult challenges in other games you end up with something like an unlockable character, a rare item, etc. I don't see why Pokemon can't be the same. I'm sure anybody who's done this can agree that completing the national dex is a very difficult task.
    Well, can't say a reward would dissapoint me xD

Just saying that in my opinion, no reward at all or 'just a certificate' wouldn't bother me, as I never stood up to completing the pokedex for such a reason.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Shinies being common after completing the game makes somewhat sense, actually. There's not much else in terms of catching Pokemon to do. :(

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • How about an 'Upgrade' to the pokedex? How about a Shiny upgrade? Make shinies a Bit easier to find (maybe like 1/3800) and you have the even more difficult task of finding all the shinies.

No, i would absolutely hate that. xD

maybe.... like.. Idk, after you get everything the game is just kind...over...

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • Oh :P, Well I don't think that type of Reward would be seen anyways...would make Shinnies too common...

When I said refine the search, I was thinking just more along the lines of having so many slots to fill whilst searching, for example:

Route X contains A, B, C when walking and Y and Z with the radar alone. You can then cut that down to using the radar will only alert you to A, C and Y (by manual choice or randomly).

Toa Hyro

master of shadows
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    How about where you access an ultimate backup area with very powerful trainers witch you can have as many rematches with them as you want and a tournament.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i think they should make so you ALWAYS encounter 1shiny pokemon randomly within every 9000fights that would give you at least 1shiny pokemon throughout your game play :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    The special area is the only idea that appeals to me.
    Maybe in Black you could unlock the other 'Black City' or 'White Fortress' that wasn't in the game earlier?

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • How about where you access an ultimate backup area with very powerful trainers witch you can have as many rematches with them as you want and a tournament.

Something like this seems a fitting reward. Except instead of 'rematches whenever' which would cut my grinding in half (after completing the Pokédex the game would cease to be useful offline then) there should be tournaments held certain days of the week, like the Bug Catching contest. The trainers should be tough, challenging and always a couple levels ahead of you.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • If I were going to Catch 'em all then I'd probably wouldn't mind, collecting 'em all is still cool though.

Like you said, Gen V will be harder then all the others in trying to catch all of the Pokémon then in every other game, they should give you more then a certificate though. I love all the great ideas.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Honestly, I have to disagree. With all the different ways to find different Pokemon on one cartridge in Gen IV, it is much easier than any other games to fill the Pokedex. I did it, and I even got a Living Pokedex. It wasn't that hard.

I would enjoy a new area. It would be a fitting reward. Possibly even a nice item could be found there. An item that could, for example, double money (and stack with the Amulet Coin) or half hatching steps (and stack with Flame Body). Or maybe like a Super Rare Candy that would instantly raise any Pokemon to Level 100.

Or, even, a trainer. Either your rival or the opposite gendered protagonist, but they would have Level 100 Pokemon and you could fight them whenever you wanted for experience.

I really have no idea. I'm not expecting anything new for completing it, though.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Yeah, I really want a REWARD for catching 493+ POKEMON!!!
    I mean if our world was the pokemon world it'd be impossible to do that and if we catch them all all we get is A PIECE OF PAPER!? WTF?
    GIve us something REAL not that S***!

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • Honestly, I have to disagree. With all the different ways to find different Pokemon on one cartridge in Gen IV, it is much easier than any other games to fill the Pokedex. I did it, and I even got a Living Pokedex. It wasn't that hard.
    On Gen V it will be a bit harder then Gen IV; in Sinnoh you will find that some of the Pokémon are evolutions in which you need an item or something to evolve them (eg. Magmarizer or Razor Claw). This means that as well as getting the pre evolutions you need to find that items, we don't even know if there will be Pokémon from every region yet.

The GTS only trades you Pokémon if you have seen the Pokémon in question in the wild or trainer battle any way. If Pokémon from other regions aren't in Black & White it will make it a major challenge for completing the National Dex. You can trade, sure, but what if you don't have them Pokémon on the other game.

Back