• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's Art

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    I promise I'll get back to Geisheon... but I HAVE to post my new Gyarados!!! This is my first EVER Photoshop sprite...

GP's Art

It's partially a trace over some existing line art, but i changed the line art quite significantly... particularly in the overlap of the body segments, the crest, the face, and the tail... I also made his tan scales a bit more "pointy"

What do you guys think?

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    I like Geisheon (based on a Geisha?) and your cars. Very nice sprites.

Geisheon is actually my eevee dragon evolution... it's a borrowed concept from benzo-phenone on d/a's Beryleon... but i significantly changed the face, line art and coloration of her concept...

because of the light colored face and the red & green colors of the kimono girls... i figured that my sprite looked kinda like a geisha... so yep ^_^

As for the cars, those are my family's cars... the white Topaz and the Grand Sport are mine, the 5.0 is my stepdad's ^^

hmmm. that gyarados ^^ is very nice. You seem like a HUGE Gyarados fan huh. =))

Yes, I LUV Gyarados... my all time FAV POKEMON! lol... a bit obsessive at times too lol for example:
    GP's Art

But yep, I do have a thing for Gyarados lol!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Well, the Gyarados looks a tad pudgy if'n you ask me. Other than that though, it's a spectacular job! As for the new "Gyarados Car" the colours are weird, IDK what. They clash and seem un-natural, almost as they have been inversed. You see what I'm trying to say?

GFA~

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Hello there! Good work, as always.

Not much to say, other than you're constantly getting better! And we can't let this thread die! :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Interesting, you seem to have quite a fasination with gyarados, it's not a bad thing though. Besides that all of your sprites are good, can't really say much else besides that, it's enjoyable to look at them so thats a huge plus.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Well, the Gyarados looks a tad pudgy if'n you ask me. Other than that though, it's a spectacular job! As for the new "Gyarados Car" the colours are weird, IDK what. They clash and seem un-natural, almost as they have been inversed. You see what I'm trying to say?

GFA~
    PUDGY?!? >gasp<

lol... where does he look pudgy?

that car... meh... it was a small little 4 minute quickie that proved my point of gyarados obsession ^^ I'm not overly concearned about it... lol

Thanks for always coming by and giving me quality responses! I've been a bit busy with class work lately... so i'm a bit behind on my spriting... but i will get back to geisheon as well as fix the tires on my topaz ^^

Hello there! Good work, as always.

Not much to say, other than you're constantly getting better! And we can't let this thread die! :D
    Good to see you back here again! ^_^ Thnx for the support!

Interesting, you seem to have quite a fasination with gyarados, it's not a bad thing though. Besides that all of your sprites are good, can't really say much else besides that, it's enjoyable to look at them so thats a huge plus.
    Yes. It has been determined that I am very attached to gyarados ^^ hell, if i had a choice, i'd be a gyarados! Anyhow, thanks for coming by to see my work! I appreciate your kind words!

---
    Anyways, I've been uber busy with school work and (job) work lately... so my spriting prolificy has been flushed down the hole... i have some edits and repairs needed... so look for those to be coming soon(er than later)... ^_^ Thanks everyone for coming by and looking at my stuff...

Keep Spriting!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Do you use a pad for the cars?

Nope ^^ Every single piece of my work is good ol mouse clicking on paint... (except for the new gyarados which was my first photoshop sprite)... but besides that, i only use paint, and i don't have a tablet or nothing...

Any reason in particular?

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Okay, so as promised, I revised Geisheon's body on the far right side... the part where the tail looked to ragged and thin...

Old sprite:
    GP's Art

New Sprite:
    GP's Art

A comparison:
    GP's Art

Better? ^^

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Anyone have any thoughts on my edit to Geisheon?

Anyways, here's a duck that i sprited...

GP's Art

Quack ^_^

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Hey Everyone! Here's a new concept i've been playing with... it's a cockatiel and native american themed pokemon. He's a flying and ground type.

GP's Art

I'm planning to eventually make a battle sprite of him... so what do you guys think of Cheerokeet?

Also, anyone have any thoughts on the Geisheon edit?

Years
    A comparison:
    GP's Art

Better? ^^
    Yes, it's better. Personally, though, I don't like how you've changed the shape of the black part of the outline to have four pixels running diagonally, then a two-pixel bar, then another diagonal, then another bar. To my mind it's rough looking when you alternate like that and the outline is a solid color.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Yes, it's better. Personally, though, I don't like how you've changed the shape of the black part of the outline to have four pixels running diagonally, then a two-pixel bar, then another diagonal, then another bar. To my mind it's rough looking when you alternate like that and the outline is a solid color.

Thanks Scarf! I appreciate the feedback! I actually see what you mean when looking at it for the millionith time... it looks a bit jagged... hmm... that's why it's always good to have some one else take a peak ^_^

so do you think if i went (horizontal 2 bar, horizontal 2bar, horizontal 2bar into diagonal row, into vertical 2bar, vertical 2bar) it would look better? I'll try that out, but i'm still not sure on how to remedy this... it's such a small part, yet it's soo blatantly sticking out :( I'm dying to hear your opinion on it ^_^

Thanks!

Years
    Thanks Scarf! I appreciate the feedback! I actually see what you mean when looking at it for the millionith time... it looks a bit jagged... hmm... that's why it's always good to have some one else take a peak ^_^

so do you think if i went (horizontal 2 bar, horizontal 2bar, horizontal 2bar into diagonal row, into vertical 2bar, vertical 2bar) it would look better? I'll try that out, but i'm still not sure on how to remedy this... it's such a small part, yet it's soo blatantly sticking out :( I'm dying to hear your opinion on it ^_^

Thanks!
    I think it's worth trying out. You can't really know until you try and see how it turns out.

You could also try lightening part of the outline. Where there are two pixels the one closer to the inside could be more of a brown so it blends in with the body more. You could keep the outline you have that way since it will still be darker that the area inside it, but the outline would look less zig-zaggy since your eye would notice the black parts more and sort of skip over the gaps where the outline is lighter.

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
    Years
    Your sprites are really fantastic.I expecially love your gyrados surfing proofile picture. my only cc is your lineart. On your bird opkemon it seems a bit sharp. Try and add more curves or less diagonals.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    I think it's worth trying out. You can't really know until you try and see how it turns out.

You could also try lightening part of the outline. Where there are two pixels the one closer to the inside could be more of a brown so it blends in with the body more. You could keep the outline you have that way since it will still be darker that the area inside it, but the outline would look less zig-zaggy since your eye would notice the black parts more and sort of skip over the gaps where the outline is lighter.

hmm... give me a chance to try that... i didn't think of that ^^ only thing, do you mean where the tan meets the brown, or the tan outline?

Your sprites are really fantastic.I expecially love your gyrados surfing proofile picture. my only cc is your lineart. On your bird opkemon it seems a bit sharp. Try and add more curves or less diagonals.

Thanks for the C+C! I appreciate it greatly! For Cheerokeet, that was a little ten minute paint sketch concept art i made... I'm currently working on "official" battle sprites for him. I'll have them up once i finish them ^^ (I'll keep that in mind though while making the sprite... i'll try to round out some of the feathers...)

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it greatly! REALLY REALLY!

Keep Spriting folks!

Years
    hmm... give me a chance to try that... i didn't think of that ^^ only thing, do you mean where the tan meets the brown, or the tan outline?
    I should have just used a graphic to explain since it's much easier that way.

GP's Art

The outline is still darker than the 'body' - so it's still whole - and your eye follows the black part which is smooth, and sort of glosses over the brown part of the outline.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2020
    I can see why Humsaw is cancelled ^^
    I like your sprites, especially the ideas behind the Iron Cats, and Laplit looks cute :)
    Keep up the good work!!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I love your sprites incredible
    if I can say is the shady I think you need more on that topic

Back