• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's Art

Years
    The trees look really weird, they look really rushed and no outline :O
    Use a bigger pallet green, and make a outline.
    The sky looks better, a bigger pallet blue is what it needs.
    I think the stars look great, but add some shading to them.
    The pinquins look good, they don't fit well in those suroundings though.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Well I thought it was impressive that you'd attempt such a large piece, and I think it's a good effort. The way you've drawn your trees contrasts the animals in the snow so much in terms of shading and such. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing since it allows them to stand out, but it kinda looks awkward.

Thanks Amachi... it was definetely a large effort, like two hours just for the background... the trees have no real definite shading, and a problem that occured was when i had orignially created the background,it was soo small that a chickadee was as big as a medium tree... so i had to double the size by two, and i think that's why it looks so awkward now. i also had to cut out some of the background since it was WAY to big after i doubled it. at least nothing got distorted, since i sketch/skewed it...

original background
    GP's Art

used background
    GP's Art

So as you all can see, there's a big difference in image quality...

The trees look really weird, they look really rushed and no outline :O
    Use a bigger pallet green, and make a outline.
    The sky looks better, a bigger pallet blue is what it needs.
    I think the stars look great, but add some shading to them.
    The pinquins look good, they don't fit well in those suroundings though.

Thankyou for your imput Crossel! I will take all you say to heart, since you're such a great spriter! So i think i explained why the trees look a bit awkward... but i hope they dont look rushed, i had spent a good fifteen minutes making the big tree... as for the shading, i'm not very sure how to shade a pine tree...since they have no definite dimensions, do they? Really i dont want my pine's to look like cones, and i'm not going for a in-game look, so it's hard for me to determine how i would shade them...

I can definetly go back and change the sky color pallette to blue it up a bit. (remember, it's supposed to be at night, so it still has to be a bit dark...and that's just my spriting shading style anyhow) i also agree with the stars, they look great, but they should have more of "glow" around them...

As for the chickadees, i think that you're both right, and they just plain and simple don't fit... it's the rigid outlining of my style, and just the "hard" color pallette...

Thanks everyone! I'm going to go back, fix accordingly, and i'll go from there!

I want to thank everyone who has come to my thread, because Crossel, you have given it the honor of it's 100th reply, and i am honored that everyone thinks my stuff is decent enough to have that many people check it out! Thanks everyone!

You know the drill!

(Keep Spriting!>
    GP's Art

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    I redid luvfin's shading...look on the bottom of the fin, and the back of the tail fin... made it a bit more coherant...and my attempt at a back pic!
    GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    OMG this looks so much better!!! The darkness of the orange tone really brings out the anger!!! grr!
    GP's Art
    >
    GP's Art
    Much better The mellower colors feel better on my eyes and make the fakemon more "intimidating" You fixed up the shading too very nice job!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Thanks HFI... i think that there's still small little problems with the shading like the helmet's bright spot (it's divited...) or the darkness of the face...but it is definetly better...

i'm redoing orelect, but am not getting the result i like... i will post it when i find a change i like, the main thing is i'm sure how to make the "needles" that come out of it's back... anyways, i'll figure it out...

Take care everyone, merrry christmas, happy holidays...so on so forth...

GP

Years
    I like the new shading on the Spinum. Much better than the old shading. Well, you're an awesome spriter, so keep it up, and Happy Holidays!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    GP's Art

Happy Holidays to all!

Thanks to everyone who has been replying to my thread! I appreciate it!

Bubblewrap: I think the new shading is "more correct" now, but it doesn't look as good as the old one in the sense that it is very "hard" by which i mean choppy and rigid...that is my main problem with my shading, it's to rigid...once i can fix that, i think my sprites will be much better!

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    hey GP.
    haven't been here for long time.
    nice imprtovements to the originals, but the new spinum looks flat
    It needs a highlight and a d/p outkline

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    nice imprtovements to the originals, but the new spinum looks flat
    Yeah, that seems to be my problem, like i said, the shading is too choppy, and the grey is to contrasted in the tones. It gets to dark right away... not to mention that the bottom looks like he has a "scruffy"...or maybe a 5:00 shaddow for those who don't know what that is... anyhow, i will definitely be redoing the shading on that one...
    It needs a highlight and a d/p outkline
    as for the shading it's self, it will have to be r/s/e/fr/lg style because that is how it will be in carbon... remember, these are going to be in carbon, and i have to keep it down to that level of spriting...

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for keeping my thread alive! I will be working on spinum, and look for a new and entirely redone humsaw to come around! I will also be reshading orelec one of these days... so that's what will be coming up! Till then,

Keep Visisting!

Keep Spriting!

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
    For some reason my favorite art seems to be the many faces of your cockateil...I love it.

Bag0n

Bagon Trainer
    Years
    You're art is awesome. That house of yours looks professional!! So this is all on Paint, eh? I should experiment more on paint... you just proved to me all the stuff paint can do! Incredible!!!!! So aren't you with team carbon? I just came back after like a million days.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Lol, the sprite of Obama, cool sprite.

Anyway, everything looks good.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Thanks to everyone who has been replying!

This Saturday I will be embarking on the greatest adventure of my life! Out of my entire state, 25 students have been chosen, I being one of them, to go to Washington D.C. to bear witness to one of the greatest events in American history: I will be at the white house to witness the inaugeration of our first African American president, Barack Obama.
    I leave on Saturday, and arrive in D.C. late in the afternoon. I'll be staying at a hotel, with all housing and food costs paid for by the state! It's awesome! Oh, did i mention that the state is paying for my airfare as well?!

I'll be going on a night time tour of the city as it's lit up.
    I'll be going to the D.C. Opera House to see a theatrical production.
    I'll be going on a tour of the white house.
    I'll be going to a private lunch-in with my state's senator, Dick Durbin!
    I'll (the best part) be going to the inaugaration on tuesday!!!!!!
    I'm so excited!!!

I won't be around for a week or so. So... please keep my sprite thread alive, and send me messages on my chat board on my profile, cause my pm box is getting awefully full. Have a great week you guys, I might pop in from now till friday, but you won't here from me after that for a week or so! Take Care!!! Keep Spriting!!!

Reactions: GFA

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Well, i'm back from my big trip, and let me just say that it was amazing! I have so much stuff i could blab on about, but i'll spare ya all...anyhow, i did make it to the inaug, and i did get a ticket, and i did get a great spot, among the 3 million people...

Anyways, upon being inspired by Barack Obama, heres something new... i'm also entering it in the emblem contest!

Hope you like it!

GP's Art

Hope Emblem
    Inspired by
    Barack Obama

Top Left: Hope Emblem with black outlining
    Bottom Left: Hope Emblem with cordinated outlining
    Top Right: Hope Ball with black outlining
    Bottom Right: Hope Ball with cordinated outlining

GP's Art

https://f.imagehost.org/0329/hope_emblem_avi.png
    Keep Spriting!

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Something i did for fun... most of the 2009 NASCAR sprint cup paintschemes...

GP's Art

These will be moving to my new nascar sprite thead...

Last edited:
    Back