• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] GPS Monster Scouter [Android] - with Pokémon data pack

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Update 0.10.2.1

Many little improvements:

- Monsters from the 4 neighboring routes can appear sometimes during your wild hunts
- Icons of the neighboring routes will appear at the borders, if you already visited them
- Catch items and npc trainers do not respawn daily anymore... they respawn EVERY 2 HOURS
- You can sell items in the shop
- Items grabbing ranges (normal and boosted) have been slightly increased
- Some bug fixes

REMEMBER TO DO A BACKUP EVERY NOW AND THEN

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 25, 2016
Hi, this is a great game, at least for me. Just few suggestion:

1. The range of getting item is still too small. Sometime I was really close to the item, and didn't get it even after I go pass it.

2. It is an great idea to be able to encounter Pokemon from neighboring panel, maybe add an extra rare chances of encounter random Pokemon wherever the player is? The reason is that, I have been playing for 2 weeks and encounter the same Pokemon over and over again, and even when I did cycle out, there is a limit of how many Pokemon the player can meet.

3. Maybe increase the coin reward just slightly more, so that the difficulty does not kill much of the game.

4. Show Icon of Pokemon Family on the Zoom out Map ( of the area that the player had explored.) Like when I zoom out, I can see Pikachu Family is 2 block away, then I know where to go back to capture certain Pokemon. This is especially useful when the player is out of pokeball at certain area and wanting to come back later. I know currently we can mark on the map, but will be more player friendly if the pokemon icon is shown straight forward.

Overall, I am still enjoying this simple yet fun idea, my best moment for this game is capturing a shining Heracross, and have it evolve to Mega shinning Heracross. :D.
I believe having more surprise element, especially the diversity of Pokemon that player can encouter without travel really really far, can make this game standout to more player.
Great job! Looking forward to see this game developed.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Hi, this is a great game, at least for me. Just few suggestion:

Hi and thank you!

1. Maybe it seems near on the screen but is in fact enough meters away, I'll try to make it more comprehensible. Also, traveling by car/train/bus can produce that effect due to the movements being faster than gps location updates.

2. Yeah the idea is that the more you travel in new places, the more species you meet. Anyway this will be better when eggs are introduced.

3. Coins will also become rewards for fighting trainers ;)

4. By holding pressed the region map, you can activate a similar function: you can highlight all the routes with the pikachu family of the region (among the already visited ones), so you can see where is the nearest one. But the one you say will also be introduced in the future.

Many thanks for the feedback, and the appreciation! I'll try to improve every aspect of the game.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
Years
I've had a ton of fun with your game these past few days, definitely made my trips to school more enjoyable. And I really love how the Pokemon you find can be completely random per route. Of all the possibilities, my brothers and I were still able to find routes with our favorite starters, haha.

Also, thank you for making it require no internet connection! Makes playing the game much easier, especially since I don't use 3G/data.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Haven't had the chance to update you on all the new features!

- The first rewards for supporters are available: large amounts of coins, items to get more exp, items to find more shinies, items to find more legendaries. Info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/gpsmonster...it/donations_and_rewards_new_complete_thread/

- Boxes can be ordered by a whole lot of new criteria

- A new dex screen in grid format

- In-game changelog that updates you on the features every time you update

- You can get coins and balls every time you win against a npc trainer. They don't really like to be just your punching bags though, so if you bring your level 100 killer squad over to a poor guy still training, he's not gonna be that happy. Try to give him a fair fight, and you'll get better rewards. Also making him your frequent sparring partner will help.

- There's a new big sliding panel containing all sort of links to other screens: you can open it by sliding from the left edge of the screen to right, otherwise I put a button right next to Manage team. Do you like the icon? You can close it by sliding, by clicking the things underneath or through the back button (like any sliding panel in other apps).
Since there's now this panel (I longed for it for a long time), many screens and options were moved from their original -and incorrect- positions: dex and badges are no longer in the team management, and items/shop/markers are no longer accessible by pressing the exploration area. Also, the backup option was moved too.

- An active team preview is now visible inside the battle button, to show who's ready and who's not. Disposition and size of the little circles will change depending on how many mons you have in team.

- Inside the new sliding panel, there's a new screen: Preferences. It's destined to grow a lot, but for now there are three options:
1) Dex format: the default is the new grid, but you can set the old list version if you want (requested by user).
2) Team preview: the preview mentioned above shows how much recovery time is left for each mon... as default. Here you can also set it to show the PP status if you want (requested by user).
3) Select music folder: the option was moved here from the app options, and now shows how many songs are loaded from the selected folder.

- Various other small modifies, one being that when you're about to engage battle with a npc trainer, it shows you all the info you could previously get only by clicking his icon.

This is something new for a change. I like it!

I've had a ton of fun with your game these past few days, definitely made my trips to school more enjoyable. And I really love how the Pokemon you find can be completely random per route. Of all the possibilities, my brothers and I were still able to find routes with our favorite starters, haha.

Also, thank you for making it require no internet connection! Makes playing the game much easier, especially since I don't use 3G/data.

Thanks both for playing it!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Update for various versions:

0.11.1 - Dex optimization & Trainer info

- Dex (both in grid and list form) is now optimized to show only the relevant parts, and the empty parts will be replaced by a separator. This is useful especially when it is still a bit empty, so if you have already seen lots of monsters you probably won't see the difference.

- Styles for grid dex were changed a little. 'only seen' monster boxes are now similar to the 'unseen' ones, so the 'obtained' ones stand out more (with white backgrounds because no need for color anymore).

You can see examples of these two modifies here: http://imgur.com/a/108kZ

- During trainer battles (npc trainers or gym leaders) the top part of the screen has some info about the trainer. This covers the 'catch' buttons, but in those cases they're useless anyway.

0.12 - E G G S

They're finally here!

This requires the latest data pack, the same that was required for the shinies. If you still have that other very old version without shinies and eggs info, it is strongly recommended to change it.

For now, eggs are buyable at the shop only. They're fairly cheap, but you can get only one per day.

The species inside are random, but every family has a different chance of appearing, and every family has a different number of required traveled distance.

The distance you travel while you have an egg in your team will make it progressively closer to hatching. The team preview on the battle button, however you set it, will display how much it's ready in a pink color. There's also a little nice hidden mechanic...

For now, even the hatching is manual. When it's ready to hatch, you'll find the 'Hatch' option within its options. (By the way, I left the possibility to assign a nickname to an egg, I mean, why not.)

0.12.1 - Game guide

A new section inside the trainer panel, with all the necessary basic explanations and tips for the game.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
I last updated this 3 months ago, and a lot have changed!
Please follow the project on reddit for more frequent updates.

Anyway I needed to do a comeback because the 7th gen has arrived!
https://www.reddit.com/r/gpsmonster.../new_pokémon_17_gens_data_pack_now_available/

Screen:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
I started the game but it's taking so long to search for GPS signal :( hopefully it'll work outside its too cold right now.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Revamped open post!
So much has changed since last update here, so much that I don't have the life in me to enlist everything. Just see the in-game changelog if you played this game long ago, or just enjoy it if it's your first time!

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2022
been playing it now and then...solid one one for us who can`t play GO ... often updates and upgrades ... worth of try at least ... nice work!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2019
I really love this! Just started yesterday and have 20 Pokemon already. One Shiny!!! Yeah! :-D
The only thing I kinda miss - but problably you can't change it, only the programmer of the main game - is the Global Traiding System. I don't have anyone to trade pokemon with ...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2019
Sadly I have a bug to report. Yesterday while sorting my pc-boxes a couple of my pokemon just disappeared never to be found again. and that was a beuautiful alolan diglett who I can't catch around my home...

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Sadly I have a bug to report. Yesterday while sorting my pc-boxes a couple of my pokemon just disappeared never to be found again. and that was a beuautiful alolan diglett who I can't catch around my home...

Unfortunately there have been a bug in the last few days that could cause that problem with newly created boxes. As soon as it got noticed it was resolved in version 0.17.4.3, I'm sorry for the trouble.

If you had a backup from before it happened, you could restore that. Even if you didn't make one, the game does some autobackups every now and then.
If you're unsure, no problem: create a manual backup now, and try around all the others freely. In the worst case you can always return to the manual one you just made.
If you need instructions on how to restore backups let me know or contact me at [email protected]
Sorry again.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2019
Thanks a lot. No problem. These things happen with games that are still work in progress ;-)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 10, 2023
I get found this game and downloaded it, I'm still in the beginning and learning this but I was wondering about the boxes that hold your extra pokemon. I have a data pack that gives me gen 1-7. I'm hoping I can catch a good number of them without having to release any.

How many boxes can you make to hold pokemon?

I love the fact that I can get shinies. I found one but couldnt catch it, but I caught the second one I saw yesterday.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
I get found this game and downloaded it, I'm still in the beginning and learning this but I was wondering about the boxes that hold your extra pokemon. I have a data pack that gives me gen 1-7. I'm hoping I can catch a good number of them without having to release any.

How many boxes can you make to hold pokemon?

I love the fact that I can get shinies. I found one but couldnt catch it, but I caught the second one I saw yesterday.

Hi! There are no restrictions in place, so you can have as many as you want. Also each box can hold as many as you want, even though its loading time increases accordingly so you may want to decide a limit yourself to respect. There isn't a fixed limit because it depends on the device, a better one is likely to load fast enough a fuller box, and the same goes for memory capacity (they don't take much anyway).
Hope you have fun!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Just downloaded it, haven't taken it outside yet, but it seems pretty dang good.
I love how you get a blank map and put marks by yourself.
I also like how I can grind levels for my pokemon without moving. Getting my Minccino buff as heck yo!

Also my region's name is so derpy. Duhgi. Well duh, gee...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 10, 2023
So i have been playing the game quite a lot since I downloaded it. I didnt realize that the data pack I downloaded also included shiny pokemon. That was quite the eye opener. I have the gen 1-7, so that 721x2 without legendary shinies. I am having a blast with it. I have all the bagdes in my region (Pegis), I just have to train for a while to get through the elite four and champion.

I got my first legendary pokemon, Jirachi. I found Mespirit too but got defeated. Will Mespirit move squares?

Im not a big fan of the TMs. How many moves can one pokemon have? If I use a water tm on a water guy does that make it have two water attack? I get the fact that you can give any tm to any monster it just depends on its level but does that mean I could have my main team have a move for every type? I sort of get it but I am still confused.

So when you look at the status and see affinity, is that what the monster is strong against?

Trade evolution? Is it used in this game by trading or was it changed to an item? On another note, I found a eevee square and found out by catching one that had an item on it that you get Sylveon by holding a Fairy Ribbon, is a Ribbon how to get Espeon and Umbreon?

Last edited:
Back