• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] graphicals

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
*insert CSS here*

Hi guys! I'm Lapras, I'm ok at graphics and I want to get better so finally I've decided to post a thread here with my random assortment of stuff. I already know I few things I should work on, but I won't list them because I want to see what other people think I should be working on.

A lot of this stuff is ranging from kinda old to somewhat newish because I haven't done a lot of stuff recently (busyy) here goes~

pokemon;
Spoiler:

misc;
Spoiler:

b2w2 iconage;
37UW1.png
lzg37.png
1oql5.png
FOaQ8.png

qjGGK.png
wRyz2.png
WZ6kB.png
LShLV.png

Yay, thanks for looking, tell me what to improve on (even if its everything), gogogo!

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
Very nice. I'm lovin' the Delibird sig as well as the picture of the cats; your use of color in these three pics is wonderful. As for what to improve on...hmm...when using official artwork with white backgrounds, be a little more careful when extracting the white using the magic wand tool; in the sig with Primeape as well as the dude from The World Ends With You, I can still see white leftover on the edges of the character renders. If you're using Photoshop, using the glow feature in the Layer Properties menu can hide that. Also (and this might actually just be my preference) it would be nice if you added a thin border on some of these. And continue messing around with different blending styles; a lot of these are blended nicely, but the first sig and the Typhlosion sig are a little too plain. Hmm...I think that's all I have for you.

But I only say these things so that you may continue to improve. You have a great gallery going for you here, keep up the great work. I am also curious as to what program you use.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
@F1refly: Thank you! Do you want me to crop it for you, so you can use it? Just as long as you credit me, Lapras*, you can use it!
@Shdwj: Thanks much for the feedback! It's hard for me to notice small things like that, I didnt even realize the white borders were still leftover, so I'll be more careful from now on! I appreciate the feedback so I'll be experimenting with what you said a little more ^_^ I'll possibly update this soon too

I use Photoshop cs5

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
*flies in*
CnC time ^O^~~~

1st~ you need to improve your bg~it's very flat and monochrome, kinda boring and has no depth. the blending of your render also needs to be imrpoved- it looks like its pasted on.effects aren't bad.
2nd~ idk, i feel that the ring of white is to distracting. the focal is probably meant to be darkrai or the ball thingy but attention is being drawn away from it. also the image seems really LQ
3rd~ bg is better, flow is better. Lighting and blending need to be improved.
4th~ okay. bad blending ._____. the effecs are good but they are not connected to the render. you need improve your typo
5th~ your best so far imo. youve got a (small, but still there) light source, the typo isn't bad. more blending >_____<
6th~ blending again ._______. improve your placement of the render (it is too far right) and text (always keep it close to your focal).

Back