• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics and Photography Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    The Graphics and Photography Lounge

Welcome to the ~new~ Graphics and Photography Lounge. Here you are welcome to discuss whatever it may be, in relation to graphic design and the area of photography. This is not a serious chat area, so long as you stay on topic and relate to the rules you should be fine to chat away. Art is meant to be fun after all! You may also use this thread for questions and answers if you need help with something in the areas of Graphics and or Photography. Feel free to drop in any suggestions you may have too.

Have fun guys!

The Graphics & Photography Rules and Announcements
    The Way of the Graphic Artist [Tutorials & Resources]
    The Graphics Rating Thread - Read Post #1
    What would you like to see more of in G&P?
    The Graphics Giveaway Thread
    Quick Graphics Request Thread

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Hey Gav how would you feel about making something like an icon wall?

I think it'd be fun for members to be able to contribute to.

Might get G&P a little more activity.:>
    I don't know it just came to me and I thought it was a good idea so I'm just throwing it out there.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    An icon wall? Like every member contributes with an icon and we put them all together? I think that would be a cool idea, almost like a guestbook! Well, you're free to make a thread about it if you wish.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I've made the thread. :>
    Each member can add three icons.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I threw in my suggestions, so let me know what you think there.

Also, I think I'm going to start more discussions in the section, we're lacking them, so to add activity, and I would love for you guys to think of some too! G&P isn't just about galleries and shops.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Okay, going to throw in my suggestions.

Put [???] tags around every icon to signify who owns them, so like this:

[???="Made by Abnegation"]
    [/???]

I think that members should be allowed to post as many icons as they like -possibly- but they should all be different. Meaning that they can't post more than one icon from the same sort of stock or similar style. So I think Galuxxy, you should repost with just the one.

Furthermore, I think that the wall should only host icons which are open to the public, meaning that any member should be allowed use them provided that they give credit to the user who made them, I think it could be a neat little resource and a nice way to get members more recognition for their work.

But, Gazza, you have the final say. Let me know what you think. Great idea buddy! Oh, also mark me down as a maker and throw that icon above in the wall too. Contact me if you have any further queries or ask in the Lounge~

Thanks for the suggestions I'll definitely use the [???] Tags and allow people to add as many images as they like well because three just isn't enough. :>
    As for the suggestion about making the icons public it can vary from user to user depending on what they want.

So the the icons will look a little something like this: [???=Made by Gazza. Public: Yes/No]
    [/???]

Also I was wondering if the thread becomes popular could you hand out emblems to members who contribute a certain amount of icons to the wall?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Yeah, I guess that could work, but I'd rather that people submit public icons, but they're not obliged to. But make up a little form or something in the first post for easy submission. It'll help you out too.

Yeah of course, feel free to make one up whenever and I'll have it uploaded for you, just remember they're 80x80px and add a description also.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Finished updating the rules and icons.

I'll have that to you by tomorrow. ;D

I just hope this gives G&P a little activity boost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back