• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Grass legendary bird?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, if you hit it with a Leaf Blade, then...*foot in mouth*

...Yeah, like aragornbird said, a Grass Legendary Bird (Foretro?) would have too many weaknesses...but then again Articuno & Moltres both have 4x weakness agianst rock...

Saru129

Fire User
    Years
  • Well...I'd much rather see a Grass evo of Eevee...not that it has enough evos already...

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Lyke whut aragornbird said quote: "The grass legendary bird would be 3 generations late" Un-quote! 3 GENERATIONS LATE PEPUL!

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
  • I don't think we need anymore legendary Flying types! Especially a Grass/Flying type! I'd love to see a bit more originality with the legendaries, make a legendary Ghost/Dragon type that practices Ninjitsu! SOMETHING ORIGINAL! Seriously, no more flying legendaries, they annoy me.

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • i think a legendary grass bird would be cool...but, it would have very few porposes. i dont think they will make another legendary bird, i hope they will make legendary bugs (this is not originally my idea) like many people are suggesting...but they probably won't. oh well.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
  • Hey i just thought it would be a cool idea to have a grass legendary bird but if u guys think its such a bad idea how about a dark legendary bird that way it would be powerful against psychic types and fighting would not be affective against it because its part flying type

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • now thats a good idea, but what would its name be? however like i said before they prbably wont make any maor legendary birds, to bad. oh well...again. LOL

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    cool!
    but i didnt like the birds...

Aritcuno, Zapdos, and Moltres looked pretty neat, but really Zapdos was the only 'tough' one. One good rock-type move would take the the other two out because it's a double-advantage. With the right nature, though, Zapdos has some pretty good special attack. :)

Ho-Oh and Lugia were pretty good, too. They could learn moves like Dig (which allowed them to dig underground without getting hit by Earthquake :D), Giga Drain, Solar Beam, Thunder, and other good moves. (Despite the fact that Ho-Oh would also get dropped by a rock-type move :( )

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    Grass legendary bird? that would be pretty cool wouldn't it? to add to our collection of legendary birds. But what would we call it? Solardos?

It couldn't be called a dos!
    since if you look at the names
    ArticUNO
    ZapDOS
    MolTRES
    spanish 1, 2 and 3 showing the trio of birds.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • I would find this type of Pokemon highly unlikely...

I mean grass is weak against flying, not to mention those two elements just do NOT go together. So I am going to just say a "no"

Years
  • They could learn moves like Dig (which allowed them to dig underground without getting hit by Earthquake :D)

What? Wait a tick. I though that is a pokemon uses dig and then the other pokemon uses Earthquake, then the damage is doubled! Or is that just me?
    A Grass leg would be bad! Really bad!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • garra_of_the_desert said:
    What? Wait a tick. I though that is a pokemon uses dig and then the other pokemon uses Earthquake, then the damage is doubled! Or is that just me?

Earthquake doesn't do a thing to something immune to Ground attacks (Such as a Grass/Flying one) as the immunity is like a 0 multiplier in the damage calculation, and anything multiplied by 0 is still 0. Anyway, that doesn't change the fact that the pokémon in question would be a sitting duck after the attack, nor that Dig has a really sucky power, especially without STAB.
    Uzamaki 1324 said:
    Why Would Anyone Make A Grass Legendery Bird They Got Celebi Dont they?

Last I checked, Celebi wasn't a bird.

At any rate, I find the idea of a grass legendary bird to be a bad one because A) Between Ho-oh, Lugia and the Kanto Trio (Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres)we've already got all the friggen' flying legendaries we need, and B) What on earth would a thing like that look like? Pfft...what the new games need is fresh type combos. Personally, I'd still be for a Bug/Dragon legendary. Uberly powerful type combo? No, but at least it would be something new. ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    couldnt be solardos, its articUNO, zapDOS, molTRES

so it should be SolarQUATRO

XD

Last edited:
    Back