• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Greetings Everyone (Introduction to Rom Hacking.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2022
    Hey everyone, so I started Rom Hacking on a Fire Emblem Sacred Stones game, but I was being really confused on what I'm supposed to do, and I've been told that my Rom is probably broken, and I decided to take a break on it.

Now I decided to do some exploring on Pokemon Rom Hacking, and I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Is Pokemon Rom Hacking a lot harder than Fire Emblem Rom Hacking?

Basically I've checked some tutorial videos on how to make a Pokemon Rom Hack, basically game development takes time and effort, and I was hoping to becoming a Game Developer but I need to learn about Spritework and Coding if I want to be a true game developer, does Pokemon Rom Hacking have the more complicated stuff than FEBuilderGBA or is it a little more simple?

2. Which Generation is Recommended for Rom Hacking?

Basically I've been seeing more rom hacks of GBA Games since they're easier to do, but I've been seeing a few Rom Hacks put on the DS Titles, so is Generation III Recommended? Or Generation IV? I'm planning on making an original story with randomized Pokemon, across all generations of Pokemon, with a custom made region.

If you have the answers, leave a comment below, It's great to be here.

Years
    I think you're probably better off asking those questions in the Fan Games Hub.
    I know nothing about Rom Hacking and can't help you =3

Anyway, welcome!
    Any reason in particular you're going from FE to Pokemon Rom Hacking? (as opposed to any other game instead)

Also good luck with your endeavors ^.^

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! Unfortunately I'm no good with ROM Hacking, so definitely check out the link ReKoil posted. You should be able to get any help you need there. :) Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Back