• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

...Greetings? This! Is! A rather awkward introduction!

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2016
    What's up? Excuse the title. I felt obligated to think up something slightly witty/an entirely overused joke. ANYWAY...

Alright, I have played pokemon for as long as I can remember. Pokemon Red helped me in teaching myself to read. I spent hours at playgrounds playing Gold and later Crystal (my mom had silver- lol!) I remember myself playing Ruby and Sapphire at recess with my friends in 2nd grade. (We had a cool teacher that let us play games in the classroom when weather conditions were not suitable for outside recess.) I pre-ordered Colloseum and thought the game was amazing, but my Gamecube broke before I finished. (I still have a bonus disk) I was there for FR/LG too. I remember begging my mom to let me get a Japanese copy on the interwebs... and my dad was awesome enough to get me a copy of FR on it's release day.

I saved my pennies for the NDS. My mom had found an old lot of GI Joes at a yard sale, she sold them on evilbay and gave me half the profit. Which rounded to $100 usd. I saved for the rest. I bought the DS on release day. I was the envy of the fourth grade. Soon after, I wanted Emerald so badly that I traded it to my mom in exchange for a GBASP and she bought it for me.

Alright, so by the time I got to the 5th grade, interest in pokemon was fading for every kid around me. My friend Geebs (It's a long story, that was his nickname,but his initials were GB) who I can now safely was the most socially awkward kid I've ever met, was like the only kid I knew who still played Pokemon. Later we made a friend who we nicknamed McPeek who had just recently moved to our school, he played the game until he got into the eighth grade.

6th grade- Geebs, McPeek and I still played pokemon. We were probably the most bully-targeted kids in the grade. Thankfully we met some 8th graders who weren't so easy to bully and get away. They also played the games. So Diamond and Pearl are released. I guess none of us were smart enough to talk to each other about what games we were getting. All three of us got Diamond. And of course, I "lose" my copy of diamond on a field trip in May (Diamond came out in April, and I got that on release date too). I know better than to lose track of my games, but every authority figure I told couldn't understand that. I know who stole it, but that's beyond the point. After that, I sold my DS and gave up with pokemon for a while.

7th grade- Got a Red/Black DS lite for Christmas with Phantom Hourglass (a zelda game). Later, a kid gives me his copy of pearl. Which I later "lose." I decided to stop bringing games to school, but that kinda sucks the fun out of Pokemon for me, since I couldn't get Wi-Fi to work at my house.

8th grade- I stayed away from the virtual crack that pokemon is and played a game called heroclix. Which is not a video game, and I still play it to this day.

Now- I'm cyber schooled. I play rom hacks (And I have all the gba pokemon games... for real) A few weeks ago I was given a copy of pearl by my grandfather, who found it in a parking lot and no one claimed it. Another friend of mine had an extra phat DS, and since he's incredibly awesome, he gives it to me. So recently I've been playing Pearl a lot. I will get HG/SS when I get the cash, but that's not now. So, I thought I'd join even if only to talk about hacking and pokemon itself.

What was I talking about? That's right...
    What's up?

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! I too was a poké-addict from the beginning of R/B versions. Sounds like you're a true fan too!

Ryuusei Red

"King of Games"
    Years
  • Welcome to PC. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Just be mindful of the rules, and you'll be fine. That's quite a story you have there. It sorta reminds me of my childhood. I've been playing pokemon since I was 8, and i'm 20 now. I use to play my pokemon gold game on the playgrounds during recess. I'm a huge fan of the original pokemon series, Red, Green Blue, etc. If you need a new friend, you can add me on here, and again, welcome to PC!

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Welcome to the forum, life sucks, my teacher never belived me about bullying etc, even though they say to tell them if it is going on. I have now played evry pokemon game (except the ones thatarent in the main series, and HGSS, which I am getting on Sunday :)) Well anyway welcome :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2016
    Welcome to the forum, life sucks, my teacher never belived me about bullying etc, even though they say to tell them if it is going on. I have now played evry pokemon game (except the ones thatarent in the main series, and HGSS, which I am getting on Sunday :)) Well anyway welcome :)
    Yeah, I'm stoked for HG/SS. People tend to believe that teachers are your friends, but that tends to only apply to select teachers. Any other teacher won't help you unless it benefits them.

Welcome to PC! I too was a poké-addict from the beginning of R/B versions. Sounds like you're a true fan too!
    Yes, sir. I wouldn't call myself a true fan, something about Diamond and Pearl (and platinum for that matter) just didn't seem to be as fun for me as anything before it. But I think most of that is because the only place I've ever been able to trade/battle globally is at my friend's house, so anything wi-fi is kind of like a tease for me. Makes me hate wi-fi exclusives. The only spin-off pokemon game I've really enjoyed (besides Colloseum/XD: GoD) is Pokemon Snap. Didn't mind stadium. I found pinball to be monotonous. Ranger was... meh for me. And I haven't played any mystery dungeon games after red/blue. Haven't gotten around to it. I liked Red/Blue though. They certainly were a refreshing change.

Hi welcome to PC and I loved the old pokemon games.
    Thanks! I love the older pokemon games.

Welcome to PC. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Just be mindful of the rules, and you'll be fine. That's quite a story you have there. It sorta reminds me of my childhood. I've been playing pokemon since I was 8, and i'm 20 now. I use to play my pokemon gold game on the playgrounds during recess. I'm a huge fan of the original pokemon series, Red, Green Blue, etc. If you need a new friend, you can add me on here, and again, welcome to PC!
    Thanks dude! I'll add you as a friend. The people here seem like cool people, and yeah, I guess I monologue(d) a bit. I think I understand the rules, although some of it seems kinda... I don't know, confusing? I'm having a problem finding out anything about what seems to be a 15 post rule. (someone mentioned it, but that's the only time I saw it mentioned) Is this something I should be aware of?

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
  • Hey, welcome ^^ I actually JUST came here too lol...and I'm currently trying to figure out how to make a new thread.

Very simple actually. If you go to the board you want to post in, there should be a new thread/new topic button. (can't remember off-hand.) I'd show an image, but I can't link off site.

Awesome, thanks a bunch =) haha it's so overwhelming trying to figure everything out xD i made a signature though

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2016
    Hey, welcome ^^ I actually JUST came here too lol...and I'm currently trying to figure out how to make a new thread.
    Very simple actually. If you go to the board you want to post in, there should be a new thread/new topic button. (can't remember off-hand.) I'd show an image, but I can't link off site.

Back