• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings

Years
  • Hi everyone! I am coming as almost a COMPLETE n00b when it comes to Pokemon and wondering about the "realm."

Back in the day, my cousin had Red and I played around with it for a bit, maybe an hour or two, just to see what it was like... Never played anything until I went to PAX EAST in 2010 and saw people with their Pokewalkers and was curious about it. So I got an emulator and played around with Ruby for an hour or two and havent had the time since. I still don't have a LOT of time, since I am a husband and a father, but I do have some spare time here and there. I am going back to PAX EAST this year and wondering if I should get Heartgold or should I just jump straight into Black/White.

What do you think?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hi everyone! I am coming as almost a COMPLETE n00b when it comes to Pokemon and wondering about the "realm."

Back in the day, my cousin had Red and I played around with it for a bit, maybe an hour or two, just to see what it was like... Never played anything until I went to PAX EAST in 2010 and saw people with their Pokewalkers and was curious about it. So I got an emulator and played around with Ruby for an hour or two and havent had the time since. I still don't have a LOT of time, since I am a husband and a father, but I do have some spare time here and there. I am going back to PAX EAST this year and wondering if I should get Heartgold or should I just jump straight into Black/White.

What do you think?

Welcome to the forums Kankui! Heh. Give the forums a read, since I'm sure that you should be able to learn something from them all :) And there's also activities to participate in, so I think everything will go just right for ya! If you need anything else, or need help, feel free to give Meganium90 or Snivy063 a bit of a nudge (VM/PM them).

Have fun! Might as well as dive into Generation V, by the way, so I do suggest that you just start with the newest games, so that you'll get used to them. :)

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hi and welcome to the forums. You should definitely get both HG/SS & B/W. You wouldn't doubt playing them as they're really fun. If you enjoyed the Diamond & Pearl series, you would also enjoy this! What's more into it is the new features that can't be found over the previous releases. If you don't have that much of a budget though, the decision is totally up to you and If I had to choose of course I'll go over B/W first since I have already played Gold several times already and I can get it later then after I'll be able to save up once again. :P

Anyway there are tons of boards here that will be able to help you on your journey if you ever get any of those such as the Black & White and the Fourth Generation Games board wherein you could discuss everything about B/W and HG/SS, D/P/PL respectively. Although you can also discuss the old ones here like FR/LG, R/S/E, G/S/C, R/B/Y over Advanced Generation Games and Metal/Color GBC Games. The board names pretty much tells about what can be discuss over the whole board so I'm quite sure that wouldn't be a problem to you! It would be really fun if you can get to know about the whole forum and discover interesting things here yourself so I'm gonna leave it out the rest to you 'kaay? ^__^

If you need any help though or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to approach us with bold usernames! Oh and another thing, have you read the rules yet? If not, then it's recommended most especially to new members like you to read it before posting!

Enjoy and see you around! <3

Years
  • So From what you guys both said.... I should go Black/White first... I was really thinking Heartgold. I have heard it feels like more of a "full game" because there is just SO much to do. I am not looking for multiplayer, because I am sure, I won't have any options to do so really... (I'm not a real hardcore nerd, more like a nerd in disquise. You wouldn't know I played games if you looked at me, but if you knew me you would)

I think I want to start with the past game, Heartgold and then possible skip Black/White and go to the next game... (remember, I don't have THAT much time). I want to start learning the MAIN characters of Pokemon and not worry about Black/Whites because if memory serves, I read someplace they don't plan on visiting this continent again. So, Its kind of important to know the MAIN ones right?

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • I would say you get heart gold so you can learn about the main Pokemon them get Black/White and learn about the new ones.

Years
  • Hi there and welcome! Ewwww a noob! Lets ignore him and put a rubber duck hat on your head! (if you couldn't tell that was a really bad joke and very bad sarcasm :P) Anyways glad to see you try to enjoy Pokemon and get into it. (its really an awesome game to try) My oppinion you should start with Heart Gold as its a great game, and has the older Pokemon in them. This way you can have back story and try learning the basics there as Black and White have a few more advanced features like rotation battles, and such. That's just my opinion and you should do whatever you see fit. Anyways hope you enjoy yourself and hope to see you around! :)

Years
  • Thank you for the welcome everyone. I went a head and purchased HeartGold on amazon and should be receiving in a week or two. Hooray!

Can't wait to get started!! Yippeee

Back