• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Grinding

Years
  • My lowest level is my Sunflora who's at level 43 while my highest level is tied for my Feraligatr and Steelix who are both at 47. I'm currently with 2 Kanto badges and am going to battle Erika for my third but I'm gonna need to grind Magmar up a little D:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I havn't been necessairily grinding, but I do try to keep all of my Pokemon the same level at all times.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I grind in every game because I always feel my pokemon are underleveled. In HG, before battling Falkner, all my pokemon were level 19. I then grinded so that my pokemon were level 30 at whitney.

I grind in every game because I always feel my pokemon are underleveled. In HG, before battling Falkner, all my pokemon were level 19. I then grinded so that my pokemon were level 30 at whitney.

Last edited:

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I run through the game and usually grind in the Victory Road, which IMO, the easiest place to level at.
    I usually run into a Shiny or Pokerus'd Pokemon in my grindings.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Hmmm I ran through the game, decided to breed/ev train all my pokes so i took some time doing that, and then grinded near blackthorne and faced the pokemon league with 44's. Recently, I just have been sitting there grinding on the elite4 and getting my pokemon to 63.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I never had to grind in the whole storyline, I kept my Pokemon kinda at the same level, but were never too low to lose a match.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    I found that after Fighting the first elite four in SS that I had to grind my pokemon alot in the elite four to fight the gyms in kanto, thats the only problem I have had.

SpiralHorn

Feels like an old fart D:
    Years
  • Bleh. I've been taking my time with the game. I only have 5 badges so far, heh. I've been really sloppy and my Pokemon's levels are really uneven. They go from 20-26 I think. I hate grinding. It's boring and tedious and it drives me crazy. Especially if I have to fight wild Pokemon.

I was using Mew for a while after I got it over wifi, but I stopped because it's way too powerful this early in the game. I might take it with me to the E4. Right now the poor thing is relegated to being my HM slave :<

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • I've been grinding for the last two days after beating the E4 -.-

That said, I've been grinding on swarming Pokémon and today it's Qwilfish, so not only can I "chain" them repeatedly with a super rod, they're level 40 too so I get pretty good exp. Lapras has gone from lvl 66 to lvl 70 in about two hours and I've battled about 90-100 and still no shiny :|

Back