• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

grovsy's pixels.

Renyui!

ascender
Years
  • 'sup all.

i've been spriting for a while, i have just had large gaps in between. woo.

here's some of my stuff gaiz.
    newer stuff
    FUSES.png

some fuses.

scratch-1.png

a work in progress of a scratch i'm doing.

wooooooo.png

there was an event on facebook called 'ms paint your display pic'. while everyone else did the typical edgy and carp look drawings, i decided to do this. :D it's meh

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg238/rowy95/Pixel Art/lols.png
    some random project i was doing for a friend, who was going to make some rom hack called 'pokemon badly drawn'. i gave up. it was too demoting.

older stuff
    epicmixisepic.png

fusionsheet.png

(chibi phantom was one of my older names.)
    animate.gif

yay for h20. woo.
    sharpedowip.png

a pixel over i never really finished. D:

and here is some old revamps.
    revamps
    poliwirl.png

phailyu.png

psyduck.png

hitmonlee.png

haunter.png

ditto.png

bulbasaur.png

so yeah. thats most of my stuff.

Serris

The Constant
    Years
  • They're ok. Your revamps aren't really revamps, just merely recolours. A revamp involves recolouring, resizing, and reshading the older sprite to suit the games new limitations and style. The fusions are ok, just not my favourite. The scratch is odd. The body is a bit too big compared to everything else, and it's line are very black. Where you have done some anti-aliasing, it's been done on the wrong side, and it's done on the side where the darker shading is, so it doesn't look too right. If you fixed up the anti-aliasing, it would much better. But I can also barely see the shading. But keep up the work, you'll improve with more practice.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • yeah thanks, btw guys, the dinosaur scratch isn't finished. so thats probably why the shading is a bit lolwut? xDD

and the sprite is based off a t-rex, so it's limbs are meant to be small. just putting it out there :D

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Nice work you've got there. ^^

I noticed that if you remove the horn from the Larvitar/Piplup you'll end up with an evil Piplup. xD
    Your H2O sprite could use a bit of rounding the outline, right now it looks choppy and unfinished, as well as a more spherical shading. Other than that and the trace-over, you've got yourself a pretty good bunch once you've fixed what me and Serris pointed out.

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Your Kabutops repose has a few error. The outline you've made is choppy and unnatural at some places, so remember that pokemon (even fossilized ones) are based on real life animals, which means they most likely won't have vertical/horizontal lines in their design. Also, it's got multiple light sources, so it's a good thing to keep the light-source at the top left side of your sprite.

For your Kabutops/Shroomish splice, everything's perfect except the top, which needs to be rounded. You also have to get rid of those cracks. Nonetheless, it's a good attempt. ^^

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • here's some more pixels.
    w_colour.png

making this for some guy. but because it's for a rom (i assume) i need to make one 64x64, hence the box in the corner. it's a scratch by the way. :D
    demonchicken_lolwuuuuuut_questionma.png

only did the colouring and shading on this, but i thought i may as well post it.

Back