• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GS girl in the anime?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Do you think the new girl will be featured in the anime at all?

Marina has already been in the Chronicles, but also made some cameos in DP (on the back of the Poketch magazine, on a man's t-shirt and on Zoey's computer).

It makes me wonder how much the writers knew about the GS remakes. They seemed to know enough to give Marina a few cameos, but I'm not sure she would be able to help advertise GHSS as much since she doesn't look the same. The cameos could just have been small hints to older fans as they weren't allowed to show her new design before the remakes were announced.

The designs for the two characters are similar, so I suppose they could:
    • Pretend Marina never existed and advertise the new girl instead
    • Keep Marina as the top coordinator but also give the new girl a few cameos
    • Not bother with the new girl at all and continue advertising Marina. I suppose it's possible since the FRLG girl never appeared
    • Drop both. I'm not sure that would happen because Marina being a top coordinator is a great chance for her to meet Dawn

I'm not too sure dropping Dawn for the new girl would be likely. If she came back to be another coordinator, there wouldn't be enough time between the end of gen 4 and the start of gen 5 for her to be able to do anything with her character (I think we can assume there will be a 5th gen) unless she's not a coordinator at all and does something completely different.

So, what do you think will happen to the HGSS girl?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I think she might be in it but can't be too sure. I don't want Dawn to go away since she is my favourite character. I doubt very much the new girl would replace Dawn in any way though. She might meet them but don't think she will be in it.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    It makes me wonder how much the writers knew about the GS remakes. They seemed to know enough to give Marina a few cameos, but I'm not sure she would be able to help advertise GHSS as much since she doesn't look the same. The cameos could just have been small hints to older fans as they weren't allowed to show her new design before the remakes were announced.
    I've been thinking about this too, I think the anime makers knew it would happen, but they didn't know that Kris/Marina would be replaced, so I think all they were told is "Yes, there's going to be a Gold/Silver remake". They may have even been told to prepare for an adaption.

• Pretend Marina never existed and advertise the new girl instead
    • Keep Marina as the top coordinator but also give the new girl a few cameos
    • Not bother with the new girl at all and continue advertising Marina. I suppose it's possible since the FRLG girl never appeared
    • Drop both. I'm not sure that would happen because Marina being a top coordinator is a great chance for her to meet Dawn
    - No, Marina's had too much presence as a celebrity in the anime to have never existed
    - That sounds more like what they may do
    - This is actually what I think will happen
    - Well, I guess that depends on what you mean by "drop". If Marina hasn't really had a starring role in the anime before, then she never really could be "dropped", just forgotten I guess.

Overall I think Soul will get a cameo in the same way Lucas and Brendan got cameos, or she'll not appear at all, like Leaf. Of course there is still chance for Leaf to appear so we can never cross out the possibility for a cameo of either.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think they'll keep Marina, and so I doubt that the new girl will show up in the anime. I mean, Blue never did.. nor Yellow. Granted, I think it would be awesome if she popped in and replaced Hikari, but I can't see it happening. xD;

SuperLink

Years
    I think they'll keep Marina, and so I doubt that the new girl will show up in the anime. I mean, Blue never did.. nor Yellow. Granted, I think it would be awesome if she popped in and replaced Hikari, but I can't see it happening. xD;
    Keep in mind though that unlike Blue/Green/Leaf (whatever you wanna call her XP) Yellow is an original character for the manga, so has little hope of being in the anime ever, since the anime doesn't adapt the manga (or the other way around, except the Mewtwo armour)

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    You all realize that the first remake girl they never used? I mean if they go to Johto, chances are it's going to be a filler saga like with the Battle Frontier in Kanto and keep Dawn. I mean last time the writers introduced a filler character in a filler season it was disastrous *cough*Tracey/Kenji*cough*. I mean they could introduce her, but it seems pointless unless its a new region.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There's a possibility of her introduction in the anime for a new Johto Saga after Sinnoh. Even though Leaf and a few other Manga characters were never shown in the anime, I don't think it's ever impossible for the new HG/SS female to make a few pop-ups here and there. When I first say her, I thought of her more as the trainer type girl, but then I had a quick though. If she was to show up in the anime for Johto, and Sawn was still remaining with the group. It would actually be a cool addition to have the new female as a rival to Dawn for the time being. It'll definitely add in some personality for her, and maybe even give her a chance for a few new fans as well.

Even though chances can seems slim, this is one thing that may sometimes be unpredicatable for the anime as it's still kind of early to know what they'll do with her besides putting her in the game, and possibly later the Manga. I do wonder though, if just maybe tehy might use her for cameo shots such as in posters. Somewhat of something like they did for Marina in the DPPt Saga we have now.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    You all realize that the first remake girl they never used? I mean if they go to Johto, chances are it's going to be a filler saga like with the Battle Frontier in Kanto and keep Dawn. I mean last time the writers introduced a filler character in a filler season it was disastrous *cough*Tracey/Kenji*cough*. I mean they could introduce her, but it seems pointless unless its a new region.

Hmmm... they've yet to have two girls travelling at once. I know that's no real reason to have Dawn and HGSS Girl travelling together... but...
    Nonetheless, she could appear in special episode, you know, on her own or with other members of the Johto cast. Anything could happen. As long as we find out her name.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The designs for the two characters are similar, so I suppose they could:

So, what do you think will happen to the HGSS girl?
    They'll ignore her like they did with Leaf. To advertise HeartGold and SoulSilver they'll surely go to Johto since that is a more effective way of advertising rather than have Soul make a few cameos.

Years
    They'll ignore her like they did with Leaf. To advertise HeartGold and SoulSilver they'll surely go to Johto since that is a more effective way of advertising rather than have Soul make a few cameos.

I think they'll probably do both: Go through a region that the writers say is ____, but it rather isn't (anime BF). However, they are improving on the cameo process with Brendan and particularly Marina.

Of the two, the cameo is the most likely, since that's what they did to Brendan.

Marina, they just happen to get really better at it. Who knows why?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I think they'll probably do both: Go through a region that the writers say is ____, but it rather isn't (anime BF). However, they are improving on the cameo process with Brendan and particularly Marina.

Of the two, the cameo is the most likely, since that's what they did to Brendan.

Marina, they just happen to get really better at it. Who knows why?

Didn't Brendan only have a movie sequence cameo? I think you're getting mixed up with someone.

Years
    Didn't Brendan only have a movie sequence cameo? I think you're getting mixed up with someone.

Nah, it's me failing to split the difference. I know he didn't appear on the show, yet, but I just wanted to generalize on cameos in themselves. I didn't foresee the need to be specific on the types of cameos. Whoops.

And lucky him, he had two movie cameos, but the 9th movie intro was awesome like that.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Hmmm... they've yet to have two girls travelling at once. I know that's no real reason to have Dawn and HGSS Girl travelling together... but...
    Nonetheless, she could appear in special episode, you know, on her own or with other members of the Johto cast. Anything could happen. As long as we find out her name.
    Your missing my point completely. They never showed Leaf who would theoretically would have appeared in Kanto (or the Sevii Islands which my I add was omitted in main canon). Why would the writers add Soul who would have to appear in a filler saga?

SuperLink

Years
    (or the Sevii Islands which my I add was omitted in main canon).
    What do you mean by that? The main canon of the games or the main canon of the anime? I'm pretty sure Richie goes to Mt. Ember on One Island at some point.

Years
    I doubt she would appear in a major role, probably just a small cameo. But personally I think it would be cool if all the excluded main trainers from the game were in a group and met up with Ash and Co.

PokemonMasterRazir

Sucks@ trying to learn trumpet
    Years
    I don't think Soul will be in the anime. She will just be one of those people that you will see in a crowd of hundreds of people while there showing whoever the next traveling companion will be's contest/gym or something. She will just have tiny little appearences and have nothing to do that will modify the plot.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Seeing how the circumstances of HGSS are different than FRLG, like how unlike in AG, DP was focused on one specific series (as implied by the title), how by the time HGSS is released, Platinum, as well as the entire DPP line, is going to be outdated, as well as how HGSS Girl is going to be a secondary character in playthroughs rather than a mere avatar that won't exist if you play as the guy, She may end up getting a role in the anime, and replacing Dawn (I mean, seeing how DPP is going to outdated by the time HGSS is going to be released, filler season or not, they're going to have to replace her soon, as much as I Hate the female switch.).

Back