• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GTS offers

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There is a difference to what he posted and what your saying.
    All be it shiny pokemon are rare indeed. and some people may find it all the more reasonable to trade for a legendary.
    BUT he like everyone else is stating that No one in their right mind wants to trade a NORMAL scatterbug for say an articuno.
    It's just not logical.
    If there were such blocks on the trades then i would think Shiny pokemon would be categorized as special

but they're NOT categorized as special because, quite frankly, they're not special in any way other than colouring, so they can't be put into the same tier as the special pokemon like Mew and Celebi and whatnot. Look at your trade history on the GL website, when you trade it doesn't show you traded a shiny Scatterbug for an Articuno, it simply shows you traded a NORMAL Scatterbug for an Articuno. Shinies AREN'T special pokemon, so why would Nintendo put them in a whole new tier? They're just coloured differently. I understand what he's saying, however, the fact (FACT) is that once you start blocking what can be traded for what, the game becomes an excercise in control. Who are YOU to say what is and isn't worthwhile? What if I want to trade my Zygarde for someones Darumaka with Inner Focus? By the rules set out by the poster, I would be blocked from doing so, but who is Nintendo, Gamefreak or you to say what I can or cannot trade MY pokemon with? To you that might be a terrible trade, but to me who has two Zygardes and been looking for an Inner Focus Darumaka for almost a month *I* think it's a good trade because I want it badly. But because you don't think that's a fair trade, that should be blocked on the GTS because you say so? Really? Ok.

As someone who has obtained the shiny charm, and doesn't have pokemon bank, and never scammed anyone on the GTS; you just have to know how to use it. Find a pokemon that you can breed for one you can't, then continually trade up until you get what you want. I have 706 pokemon in my pokedex and I got almost none of them by searching the GTS, but by posting things for trade instead and waiting until they were traded. There are certain legendaries that I've probably had more than 10 of, it's just that I would always use them to trade-up for the legendaries I didn't yet have. Also I agree with the people saying not to trust what other people are offering, you might get lucky and they might not be lying, but I've even gotten scammed on Ditto's above level 50 that were claiming to have 4IVs (cause the level 30 6 IV ones are obviously all lies) so I don't think there's a single Ditto on the GTS that isn't a lie, and the one time I traded for another pokemon claiming to have 6 IVs and it's HA it had neither. The lesson is, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Also, per my experience the GTS does not block 6 IV pokemon. I have received 6 IV pokemon from the GTS before, and I even have 6 IV pokemon that I could offer myself just to test it. It would indeed be idiotic for them to block that, and that is why they aren't. I'm not convinced there's a whole lot of "hack checking" going on honestly, if any at all. Even though it would be reasonably easy to identify pokemon as hacks if they were really blatant (caught in an impossible area, or has move/abilities that the pokemon literally can't ever have) I would think this is the most in-depth they'll go with it though. If you're using AR half-competently or ID hacking or whatever, I'm sure they can't detect it.

And re: "Why are people asking for event legendaries when they can't be posted to the GTS in the first place?" The answer to that is because you can type in anything at all in the "looking for" field and it doesn't prevent your offer from being deposited. Once I accidentally offered Zapdos and I didn't want to, so when it came time to say what I was looking for I literally just typed in random letters that were complete gibberish, and it still deposited Zapdos. The only difference being that since what I typed didn't match the name of an actual pokemon, no one would ever see it as a search result. But because Darkrai, Mew et. all are actual pokemon names, they still show up if you manually enter their names. This even works with the as-yet unreleased legendaries like Hoopa. Maybe this means there are plans to be able to list them in the future, but I doubt it.

well actually, they weren't talking about the GTS blocking 6IV pokemon, they were talking about the Pokebank blocking 6IV pokemon, but anyway I agree with everything you said!

Last edited:

Pinta77

I was tryna get a slakoth yesterday. The first person wanted a lumineon, fair offer but i didn't have one.

Then it was just mew, mew, mew, mew, mew, mew, mew, deoxys, mew, xerneas, mew... And it's funny a lot of them leave a message that sayss "Plz!!!" or "I really need it".

Back