• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Guess! That! Name!

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Hmm...

Pokabu...
    At least ord evolved forms might be something close to Emboar, Pignite or Porkpyro.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Whatever they call Pokabu I really hope it doesn't have 'oink' in it. People are already annoyed that there's another pig pokemon next to Spoink and that woouldn't help at all.

What other words are associated with pigs other than "pig" itself? I'd like to make puns using "hog", "boar", and "razorback", but those are usually used to describe larger wild pigs...more suitable for pokabu's evolved forms. :P

We can start calling him "Burnham" "Bacoheat". XD

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Burningham????? Lmao

well, Pigember?

The problem with that name is it's just two words put together, making it too obvious and not punny enough.

Pigs don't just oink, they "grunt" and they "snort", so you could use those in the name.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    I was kinda going for Pigferno, When I remember that Monferno ruins the chance for that...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Tsutaji - Leavi (Leaf, ivy...
    Pokabu - I love it as it is, so cute to say :3 but, hmmm. Perig (Pig, Flame,Fire)
    Mijuramu - Tosea (Otter, sea)

Tried to make them cute, but not very creative :(

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • I just got some more ideas for Pokabu:

Emblet (Ember + Piglet)
    Flaram (Flare + Ham)
    Hamburn (Ham + Burn)

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • Smugleaf, because that treesnake looks so smug.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I posted another thread before I saw this one (it got merged into another thread), but I like:

Pyriglett for the fire starter (pyro + piglett).

Briadder is my guess for the grass starter (brier + adder)

If they do change Zorua, I hope they make a simple change like, Zaura, which is basically the same, but more American-y (Zorro as someone said, is spanish for fox + aura).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    Fotiglet (mixture between Fotia (greek for fire) and piglet)
    Whelpool (a whelp is a baby otter, pool (also sounds like whirlpool)
    Hissreed (hiss and reed (gress)

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    not serious :L I just wanted to put some names out there so if they're right I look like a god :P Although on reflection I hope they aren't :P

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • not serious :L I just wanted to put some names out there so if they're right I look like a god :P Although on reflection I hope they aren't :P

I also hope they aren't. XD

I wonder what secondary types, if any, the starters (and/or their evolutions) will have... I suspect Pokabu will eventually be part ground? (mud, pigs, get it?) If we knew that, it might be easier to figure out. Like for example, Mudkip (which btw is my favorite pokemon in case you couldn't tell) is not part ground but evolves into a part ground type so therefore "mud" makes sense in its name. It might be easier to guess names if we had insight to other types...

If Tsutaja evolves into a part poison type, just say, I was thinking its evo might be called "Cobnom" for cobra + venom but then again... maybe not. (If you know what I'm saying, great. If not, then it's best you stay not knowing)

My guess about Mijumaru before, Ottell (otter + shell), well about that. I came up with something stupid but I feel I need to share: "Shelter" tis a word. XD (and sounds too much like "shellder" But it was a random thought. And too good not to post. XD

Norisom

Oh hai der
    Years
  • Official Character Names Thread

I wanna know what do you guys think the names for the new characters will be? You can also talk about what you think would be good names for them and so on.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Boy--Shane
    Gir--Mayella..lmao jk got that from TKAM.

but seriously, I think black and white should be their names! Boy can be black girl can be white. If that isn't gonna happen then the boy can be Shane like I said, he looks like a shane doesn't he?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • To follow the old naming conventions yet still be exotic, I gave them the names Negro and Blanca. If you wanna mutate these into more normal names (or are afraid of associating the guy with an old racial slur), Nick and Bianca are good too. I dunno, I think the girl looks like a Bianca, and the guy...well, I don't know. XD

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Bianca could work, but how could you not see the 'shane' in the guy :D. Nick is okay but I feel as if that name is too common for a pokemon game protagonist.

So Shane for guy (or whatever) and Bianca or white for the girl. Hmm, wonder why I never though of Bianca.

Back