• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guess the encryption!

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
Years
  • ***YOU DON'T NEED COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE TO DO THIS! IT IS NOT COMPUTER ENCRYPTION I PROMISE

Alright, so I'm not even sure this will be figured out for a while- but I'm interested in seeing what happens, and depending on how it goes, I might try to repeat this with other methods I come up with!
    I entirely expect this to be pretty hard, so if this goes on too long, I might end up calling it, finding an easier method, and trying again. I'll have to see, you guys can catch some things pretty fast ;D

The rules of this game are quite simple- You name a Pokemon, and I will reply to you with a unique number that I have assigned to that Pokemon using a secret encryption method.
    Your goal is to figure out what this secret encryption method, as a collective team. There is no penalty for guesses, there is no reward for figuring it out first yourself, the only goal is to find the method.

I will give a hint every 10 guesses, and may or may not answer extra yes or no questions about the encryption, depending on how I feel and whether or not I feel it gives too much away.

Each Pokemon's number, as far as I'm aware(I have not crunched it for every single Pokemon- it is a little time consuming.), is unique to it. The number will never change, and I will keep an updated list of all given numbers here.

The Pokemon's menu sprites are important to this- I used this website for all of them.
    Pokemon Sprites

Finally, I ask that if wait for at least one other person before naming another Pokemon, so I have at least some time to respond, hopefully.

I'll start with three simple Pokemon and their numbers:

Bulbasaur - 342222214263251623724223311111

Charmander- 42323223326223234222243225253222526221

Squirtle - 22623312252542323255342424

Last edited:
    Back