• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Guide for quick shiny Pokemon breeding -- Saves time & Space!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    So, i get the first egg, dump it to the pc, then save. Get eggs., and then fly. Soft reset if no shiny. Right?

This sounds right to me. Up top it says to save BEFORE depositing the first egg, which doesn't make much sense to me.

Years
    If the first egg is always the same, why wouldn't you save AFTER you put the egg in the PC, but before you pick up the next 5?

I get the process as a whole, just don't understand that step still.. I'm sorry guys.

I actually have no idea how that'll turn out. Feel free to try it and report back with results.

So, i get the first egg, dump it to the pc, then save. Get eggs., and then fly. Soft reset if no shiny. Right?

You got it. I've been hatching about 80-100 eggs an hour or so doing this.

Last edited:

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    LoveSnoopy,

In your last post, you said you never did that method of saving, but in your next response to the last quote, you say you've been doing it the whole time haha.

Do you save before or after you deposit the first egg?

Kaitou

Demonic Archangel
    Years
    Great idea, though I'll probably just bike up and down to hatch the 5 if I'm not doing anything else. (Because omg flying takes like 5 seconds?! Haha.)

And the first egg thing, I guess people can save before an egg even is available. You'll still have to run up and down for the first egg so either way I think it's the same. Do you guys understand? XD

I'll have my sister do this because she's just breeding for shiny but I like my extras since I'm breeding with two 5 IVs and get quite a few perfects with the pokemon I dump. [:

@AB-80: If you save when the guy already has an egg, it will always be the same. If he doesn't have an egg yet, the results should be different when you SR.

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    So why even deposit the first egg in the first place? Just save, get your 5, cycle and repeat.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Upon LoveSnoopy's request, I'm closing this thread. If you're still interested in understanding and using this method of shiny hatching, then please leave a message on LoveSnoopy's profile or a private message.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back